UK - Mistresses

UK - Mistresses (http://www.uk-mistresses.com/vBulletin/index.php)
-   The Oubliette (http://www.uk-mistresses.com/vBulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Beautiful Game (http://www.uk-mistresses.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=193)

ex nihilo 09-10-2009 11:59

The Beautiful Game

Following last Sundays goal fest, the Gunners have to be the most pleasing team to watch...and they will get better. Arshavin will become as good as Ronaldo and Messi :)

Discuss.

bgx 09-10-2009 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex nihilo (Post 1504)
Following last Sundays goal fest, the Gunners have to be the most pleasing team to watch...and they will get better. Arshavin will become as good as Ronaldo and Messi :)

Discuss.

Rubbish ! I might be biased but the Newcastle team from 92-97 was the best team ever for watching.
Think back to last year. the Barcelona team that beat Bayern Munich were superb, their passing rubbish was out of this world. That Barcelona team would have stuffed Arsenal.
Think of the opposition you played against last sunday, hardly one of the top premier teams. Score those amount of goals against manure and yes that would be a pleasure to watch.

:shooting::tumbleweed:

ex nihilo 09-10-2009 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgx (Post 1505)
Rubbish ! I might be biased but the Newcastle team from 92-97 was the best team ever for watching.

:shooting::tumbleweed:

Certainly the best team ever for choking in 95/96. KK was a real amateur when it came to playing mind games with Sir Alex :tongue_2:

Druid 09-10-2009 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex nihilo (Post 1504)
... Arshavin ...

Now there's a name to conjure with.

Is it what you do as a prelude to anal bleaching?

bgx 09-10-2009 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druid (Post 1507)
Now there's a name to conjure with.

Is it what you do as a prelude to anal bleaching?

Could be arse shaving as well:shooting::tumbleweed:

sub rob 09-10-2009 19:59

On good days when the weather is warm and the conditions favourable there is no doubt they are a good team.

But will they show the usual lack of bottle we see every year of late from the Arse, when the going gets tough will they crack? Taking apart a weak Blackburn side at the Emirates may be OK - but will they have the bottle for a cold windy day at the Bear pit again, with Rory's rockets causing mayhem!

We will see!

:lolsign:

dashwood 09-10-2009 20:27

Did you see that ludicrous display last night? :old_biggrin:

Druid 10-10-2009 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgx (Post 1528)
Could be arse shaving as well:shooting::tumbleweed:

Did anyone else hear a whooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhhh?

geordiesouth 10-10-2009 08:05

Which brings to mind a question that will no doubt have this thread running for a long time.

Whats the best team you have ever seen, either club or international.

My own thoughts hark back to Mexico in 1970 and that fantastic Brazilian side in the World Cup.

I agree with my learned friend of course about the Newcastle side of 92-97.

Even the most biased of supporters had to agree that their attacking flair was wonderful to watch.

ex nihilo 10-10-2009 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by geordiesouth (Post 1557)
Which brings to mind a question that will no doubt have this thread running for a long time.

Whats the best team you have ever seen, either club or international.

My own thoughts hark back to Mexico in 1970 and that fantastic Brazilian side in the World Cup.

For me the best international team ever was the Netherlands in the 1974 World Cup. Totaalvoetbal invented by Rinus Michels was on display. The Netherlands actually lost the final but had previously beaten both Brasil and Argentina in the second group stage. Johan Cruijff was best player.

Best club side was the Gunners during the Invincibles season...Henry, Viera, Pires, Bergkamp et al...need I say more

Best goal has to be Maradona’s in 1986 when after picking up the ball in his own half he weaved through the entire English defence and found a wonderful angle past the keeper :)