View Single Post
Old 20-06-2013, 14:56   #26
jon123

jon123 has a spectacular aura aboutjon123 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Anna View Post
Most of my clients have similar goals but the method of getting them there are very individual and even differ on a day to day basis. My type of session and what can be achieved depend entirely upon the client's state of mind on the day. If a client arrives a bit flustered, or anxious or nervous then we may not achieve the goal at all. Others relax very quickly and surprise me by acheiving the goal so easily. The pre session chat is vital as it helps me to ascertain how well the next two or three hours will go, and gives the client chance to calm down or offload some worries before we get started.

I never plan. I may have an idea and prepare what may be needed but what I actually do is often different because I have to read the client and assess what he can take, or can't quite take that day. I may get a new idea during one activity that needs developing, or something just isn't working so I stop early and switch to something else seamlessly so that the client doesn't feel let down. Despite me being in charge the sessions are client-led. He just doesn't know it.

The same regular, even after seeing me for years and years will have a different reaction every session, usually depending on his state of mind that day. The goal is sometimes easy, sometimes difficult, and the journey getting there can be just as diverse. No two sessions are the same. Ever. I'm always surprised or intrigued by reactions and results. The human body is a law unto itself.

The philosophy is the same. Let's take our time and see what happens. Every moment is training and experience for all of us: me, you and your subconscious. If something doesn't quite work we'll review it, discuss it and then amend the process next time and see what happens then. If it does work then good, lets remember it but let's also try and tweak it and see what happens then too.
I read this quickly when it was posted, and now I've re-read it slowly. It's very rich in ideas, and I was struck by the argument that, since a sub will vary his response each session, a domme can't, or shouldn't, prepare either.

Of course like all good arguments it can be take too far, but it makes sense to me.

"Despite me being in charge the sessions are client-led. He just doesn't know it."

That's worth a few comments, I think.

I find myself contradicting myself recently. That's because neither we nor our opinions are fixed, we should always be changing and challenging ourselves; "for always roaming with a hungry heart" (Tennyson, 'Ulysses')
jon123 is offline   Reply With Quote