UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Medical advice and Information Exchange

Old 14-11-2016, 09:44   #1
Switchable

Switchable is on a distinguished road
Default Bipolar

Here's another example that will hopefully make some think a little. Names and some details changed for obvious reasons.

Fred is 60 years old. He is bipolar. During his manic periods he engages in a fantasy life visiting online dommes. Prior to diagnosis he sent all of his savings to one of these dommes and ended up a few thousand pounds in debt. He was diagnosed and treated against his will. That was many years ago. Since then he and his wife have managed to clear the debt.

A few months ago he stopped taking his medication. He relapsed and entered another manic phase. He has established contact with the domme he was seeing before. Over the last few weeks he's been sending her/them £50 or so. Last week he remortgaged the house and sent £15,000.

His psychiatrist didn't notice anything wrong. There is no way that a pro-dom would be capable of knowing if their client is mentally ill or not if a qualified and experienced doctor missed the signs.
Switchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 19:56   #2
Mistress Adore

Mistress Adore will become famous soon enoughMistress Adore will become famous soon enough

Speaking for myself if a gent wanted to send that sort of money I would not take it, there are so many flags in this.
Mistress Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 21:09   #3
subtle

subtle has a spectacular aura aboutsubtle has a spectacular aura about

It must be quite difficult for a pro--Domme to work out which injuries a client is capable of sustaining, and which are going to be very difficult to recover from. This is likely to be equally true of physical, psychological and financial injuries.

Even though some Dommes claim to be able to get inside clients' heads, they're not actually mind readers (nor very often mind doctors) so I suspect that very frequently we expect too much of them.

If the same guy wasted his cash gambling we wouldn't expect an online betting site to be too concerned about his mental health, but there's often something about the fantasy of femdom that can lead us to believe that there's more substance to the interaction than ever in fact materialises. Clients who find a Domme who really cares about their well-being are very lucky indeed.
Old 15-11-2016, 00:02   #4
Switchable

Quote:
If the same guy wasted his cash gambling we wouldn't expect an online betting site to be too concerned about his mental health
Completely untrue. If a gambling site dealt with him then the gaming commission would take a very dim view, and in extremis would take away their licence.

Last edited by reefknot; 15-11-2016 at 06:44. Reason: To fix BBCode for quote
Old 15-11-2016, 00:11   #5
Switchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Adore View Post
Speaking for myself if a gent wanted to send that sort of money I would not take it, there are so many flags in this.
I think it's fair to say that you are, how shall I say this, very much the more ethical end of the market!

In this particular case I, and the care team, are reasonably convinced that the domme is a criminal gang somewhere - her story has too many holes in it.
Old 18-11-2016, 15:27   #6
subbylondonbound

subbylondonbound is on a distinguished road

What about if the Mistress has bipolar too? I know of at least one.
subbylondonbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 18:47   #7
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbylondonbound View Post
I guess in normal sessioning world, you wouldn't know.

Not sure how you'd find out to be honest. And, if she told me, then I'd be fine with it.

Welcome to UKM by the way
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2016, 23:29   #8
Switchable

I think it would depend on the individual. I'd be quite uncomfortable being vulnerable in the company of someone who experiences psychotic symptoms.

I am trying to think of how the dom might be harmed though, and can't really think of a scenario other than if they only session when manic or indirectly if they hurt a client.
Old 23-11-2016, 23:22   #9
subnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbylondonbound View Post
Erm, in my long experience of visiting pro dommes, I've come across 2 self confessed bi polar dommes and 1 pre diagnosed.

In both of the self confessed cases, I just had to walk away - I felt shame but also vulnerabilities especially when one lady was off her meds.😐

This is a really important subject and it swings both ways