UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 30-04-2015, 12:02   #11
jon123

jon123 has a spectacular aura aboutjon123 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by subparman View Post
I would suggest the mods need to show a little more discretion if a number of people of longstanding on UKM and whose general contributions are sensible all express similar experiences.
I agree with this, whilst at the same time recognising the difficulties the moderators have. But many regulars here rarely express a negative opinion on a mistress, or have never done so. I think these comments should stand. But as I said, it's difficult and the moderators would need to exercise judgement if they thought a post was malicious.

On reviews and comments generally: unlike some others I think these can be useful. But again, it's a matter of using ones own judgement - are the positive comments sycophantic, or the negative ones just because a particular sub didn't get on with a particular mistress?

To give an example of a few years ago - one mistress had a fairly open dungeon where it was possible to meet other subs if one wanted to. Some people might be attracted to that, others would not at all. To point this out is providing factual information (though perhaps the website should have been clearer). There must be other examples relating to session style, etc. where the comments are informative rather than positive or negative.

(I have never met the mistress in question and have no opinion of her).
jon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 12:57   #12
platelicker

platelicker is on a distinguished road

We have to remember that this website/forum is owned by a Mistress...maybe that has something to do with the mods' decision.
platelicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 14:21   #13
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road

Seems like a lot of folk have not yet discovered the comparethemistress.con website.

Plenty of groovy sliders for parameterisation and you get a free Meerkat toy to boot!

Simples...
Old 30-04-2015, 15:43   #14
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex nihilo View Post
Seems like a lot of folk have not yet discovered the comparethemistress.con website.

Plenty of groovy sliders for parameterisation and you get a free Meerkat toy to boot!

Simples...
Booting meerkats is not big, it`s not clever and it`s certainly not hard

And try as I may I can`t find the "compare the mistress website..
Old 30-04-2015, 17:13   #15
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by subparman View Post
I have been away and just caught up on this. Mine is one of the posts removed/hidden/deleted/whatever and I think that is wrong, in fact I am pissed off by it.

I passed an opinion based on my own experience, I had no need nor the desire to post a negative review nor were my comments offensive, I just put the whole thing down as a bad experience. I could have added much more to my post but just wanted to paint a broad brush picture to help others who were seeking advice or opinion on the lady to be aware before they wasted their hard earned money. By the way, I am not being specific here to the lady in question

However, if I or others post a negative review which is sent to her does anyone really think she will reply 'ah yes, I recall, all those things were true I do apologise.' Not bloody likely.

I would suggest the mods need to show a little more discretion if a number of people of longstanding on UKM and whose general contributions are sensible all express similar experiences. As someone else said we have a place on here and should be allowed to express our opinions as long as they don't offend.

Perhaps instead of removing posts someone should go and see the lady in question to see if she looks anything like the photos on her website (one of the observations) then form an opinion on whether the comments are justified.

If a restaurant or any service provider (bank, utility company etc) frequently provides a poor service negative publicity will ensue somewhere. In the eyes of the law a service should be as advertised - because we subs mostly have to fly beneath the radar we occasionally have to put up with lousy service and occasionally getting ripped off by a less than scrupulous mistresses (fortunately very few of them exist).

If someone advertises, takes a not insignificant amount of money from a customer and then deliver something below standard why should they not receive negative publicity. Just as the good mistresses get the good publicity.

Rant over!
We mod. Sometimes we get it wrong; quite often we get it right. And, yes, we are very aware of the owners views and guidelines. So we work within those

And, occasionally, we hear both sides of the story

I have been modding for far too long on UKM. I have seen some horrible comments about dommes which have turned out to be untrue when challenged. Equally I have seen some unnecessary remarks about subs which have not been right. But, one of the basics is that mistresses are out there - when named and shamed it is apparent who they are. Subs are a name on a forum. So we may well be more protective about PDs cos we know that adverse remarks can affect their business.

I totally get what you say subparman, especially about long standing members. But we then become subjective -I can think of one or two longstanding members who seemed totally reasonable for a while and then just went for it with a particular lady.

As to negative reviews -seriously why not. We will ask the lady for her take on it and put the two sides of the argument out there. If she does not respond within a timescale then we will post the review. Then it is in the eye of the beholder.

For me, if I had a bad session I would say that and say that I will respond privately by PM if more detail is required. Sadly, it is my experience that there are quite a lot of vindictive people out there.

Rant over too 😀

Nothing personal, subparman. I hope you don't take it that way but I am pretty bruised from the years of modding here - both from dommes (non consensually 😀&#128512 and subs

Basically we are seldom right

😀
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 17:16   #16
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

And, oops, I am horribly off topic

If any mod wants to do something with this thread ...

😀😀
Old 30-04-2015, 17:43   #17
reefknot

Default Mistress information sought and reviews

I have split a number of post from the Miss Cameo information sought thread http://www.uk-mistresses.com/vBullet...ead.php?t=5295 as there is a debate about the general princples of the comments and views expressed by UKM members, how the Mods have dealt with these comments.

Also the UKM review process.

We (Mods) welcome constructive discussion on this matter.

Please keep to general principles and not specific Mistresses, locations or sessions this thread is about UKM

Thanks

Last edited by reefknot; 30-04-2015 at 17:59.
Old 30-04-2015, 17:58   #18
Lisal

Thanks reefy

😀😀
Old 30-04-2015, 21:23   #19
subparman

subparman will become famous soon enough

I understand your difficult position Lisal and the other mods. I still think you have got it wrong on this occasion but i have made my point. None of us can be right all of the time nor can we please all of the people all of the time. Certainly nothing taken personally, I am not normally so opinionated, more of a live and let live type but I felt strongly on this subject.

Best regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
We mod. Sometimes we get it wrong; quite often we get it right. And, yes, we are very aware of the owners views and guidelines. So we work within those

And, occasionally, we hear both sides of the story

I have been modding for far too long on UKM. I have seen some horrible comments about dommes which have turned out to be untrue when challenged. Equally I have seen some unnecessary remarks about subs which have not been right. But, one of the basics is that mistresses are out there - when named and shamed it is apparent who they are. Subs are a name on a forum. So we may well be more protective about PDs cos we know that adverse remarks can affect their business.

I totally get what you say subparman, especially about long standing members. But we then become subjective -I can think of one or two longstanding members who seemed totally reasonable for a while and then just went for it with a particular lady.

As to negative reviews -seriously why not. We will ask the lady for her take on it and put the two sides of the argument out there. If she does not respond within a timescale then we will post the review. Then it is in the eye of the beholder.

For me, if I had a bad session I would say that and say that I will respond privately by PM if more detail is required. Sadly, it is my experience that there are quite a lot of vindictive people out there.

Rant over too 😀

Nothing personal, subparman. I hope you don't take it that way but I am pretty bruised from the years of modding here - both from dommes (non consensually 😀&#128512 and subs

Basically we are seldom right

😀
subparman is offline   Reply With Quote