UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 08-11-2019, 21:01   #91
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn Brimble View Post
Like you and the RoJ thread, I never give it any thought.
But unlike me and the RoJ thread you remain unrepentant and persist in your persecution.

I have been allowed to give it no further thought.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 21:09   #92
Bjorn Brimble

Bjorn Brimble can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
But unlike me and the RoJ thread you remain unrepentant and persist in your persecution.

I have been allowed to give it no further thought.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.
Sorry, you've lost me again.

I sometimes think I'm wasting my time on this place. Basic communication is not this difficult in real life. And certain posters bring out the worst in me.

I'll give it another week, then I'll be finished with this place for good if I'm still not getting anywhere.

I doubt anyone will miss me.
Bjorn Brimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 21:16   #93
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Sorry, you've lost me again.

I sometimes think I'm wasting my time on this place. Basic communication is not this difficult in real life. And certain posters bring out the worst in me.

I'll give it another week, then I'll be finished with this place for good if I'm still not getting anywhere.

Do not do yourself down so*.

We all missed you the first three times you finished with us, and I for one will miss you again the next time.

P.S. Where is it that you are trying to get to in getting ‘anywhere’ ?

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

* That’s my job !

Stick around but just be more relaxed and less uptight. More self-parody is good for keeping the ego under control. You know, more of the Marjorie riff and less of the public indecency offence carrying a 2 year sentence. For heaven’s sake where is anyone meant to go with that miserable cloud burst on a cheery sunny day ?

I suppose also that, unlike real life or tw*tter, we do not on here necessarily surround ourselves with people we always agree with or are of similar mind. This is one of the main reasons I like this discussion forum.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 10-11-2019 at 12:49.
Old 08-11-2019, 23:37   #94
Bjorn Brimble

Bjorn Brimble can only hope to improve
Default We can't work it out

Quote:
Do not do yourself down so*.

We all missed you the first three times you finished with us, and I for one will miss you again the next time.

P.S. Where is it that you are trying to get to in getting ‘anywhere’ ?

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

* That’s my job !

Stick around but just be more relaxed and less uptight. More self-parody is good for keeping the ego under control. You know, more of the Marjorie riff and less of the public indecency offence carrying a 2 years sentence. For heaven’s sake where is anyone meant to go with that miserable cloud burst on a cheery sunny day ?

I suppose also that, unlike real life or tw*tter, we do not on here necessarily surround ourselves with people we always agree with or are of similar mind. This is one of the main reasons I like this discussion forum.
Too many threads to cope with!

Marjorie, RoJ, GG & GS, 2 elephant threads and numerous others.

It's getting ridiculous and can't be fun for others. It's another reason for me why stronger moderation is sometimes necessary.

The feud will just run and run unfortunately. I've tried different approaches, but nothing works. I think any truce would only be temporary sadly. Too much has been said to go back.

But I'll finish on cordial terms rather than bitter ones. Life's too short to bear grudges. Apologies for the public indecency comments, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. And thanks for many entertaining and humorous posts and correspondence from the pre-2016 years. Aaah, the good old days!
Bjorn Brimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:25   #95
Slutty Rimmer

Default They fuck you up, your Politics and Hashtags.

They may not mean to, but they do...

Quote:

It's getting ridiculous and can't be fun for others. It's another reason for me why stronger moderation is sometimes necessary.

The feud will just run and run unfortunately. I've tried different approaches, but nothing works. I think any truce would only be temporary sadly. Too much has been said to go back.

But I'll finish on cordial terms rather than bitter ones. Life's too short to bear grudges. Apologies for the public indecency comments, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. And thanks for many entertaining and humorous posts and correspondence from the pre-2016 years. Aaah, the good old days!
I am not so pessimistic about the future and I am reminded of the advice I was once given...”there is one definite way of failing, and that is by not even trying in the first place”.

Indeed, only a few problems are truly intractable so if you are intending to stick around how about we agree to neither of us posting on the politics thread(s) or raking up all that muck from those past threads made years ago ?

I can be Ian, you can be Martin and the Mods can be Mo.

But yes, those good old days*. We did indeed enjoy innocent laughs before Brexit and Hashtags got us soppy-stern at each other’s throats, so let’s just avoid them altogether. As we agree, life is very short and there really is no time for fussing and fighting my friend.

Let me know what you think**.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

* Now those good old days may not return, but rocks might melt and says may burn. We just have to learn to fly again.

https://youtu.be/4p_f7Df2-oM

** In the meantime I will pass on your doubtful apology to Marjorie. She was not looking forward to being a witness at the indecent exposure trial in any case...she was worried the evidence wouldn’t stand up in court !!

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 10-11-2019 at 13:44.
Old 09-11-2019, 21:08   #96
Slutty Rimmer

Default Verse, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, verse.

Quote:

Your choice of We Can Work It Out is a good one.

It has always been a particular favourite of mine because of the strong narrative and clever production.

The verses are McCartney’s and the chorus is John’s. Each was an unfinished song which George Martin suggested could be put together to create a dialogue ‘back and forth’ tune.

It is quite unusual though. Untypically it is McCartney who is writing the negative sentiment of projected failure in the relationship due to lack of understanding, but John is writing the positive consideration of just agreeing and moving forward. Martin then cleverly produced these two themes in the opposite key that would be expected for the sentiment. The downbeat verses of McCartney are in a major key whereas the upbeat sentiment of John’s chorus is in a minor key.

The resulting song is then a complete chequerboard of contrast. The writers being of untypical and opposing sentiment between chorus and verse, the keys being opposite to the sentiment expressed in each, and the rhythm alternating back and forth between a solid 4/4 time of the verse and a waltz 3/4 time in the chorus.

Yet it all works wonderfully as a whole.

https://youtu.be/Qyclqo_AV2M

One of my favourites.

Kind Regards,
Page 130

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 10-11-2019 at 14:59.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:29   #97
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It is quite unusual though. Untypically it is McCartney who is writing the negative sentiment of projected failure in the relationship due to lack of understanding, but John is writing the positive consideration of just agreeing and moving forward. Martin then cleverly produced these two themes in the opposite key that would be expected for the sentiment. The downbeat verses of McCartney are in a major key whereas the upbeat sentiment of John's chorus is in a minor key.

The resulting song is then a complete chequerboard of contrast. The writers being of untypical sentiment, the keys being opposite to the sentiment, and the rhythm alternating back and forth between a solid 4/4 time of the verse and a waltz 3/4 time of the chorus.
Ah, that PhD in dilettantism, at work again.

It's so useful.

Last edited by ex nihilo; 10-11-2019 at 08:32.
ex nihilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:44   #98
Alan_1

Alan_1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Your choice of We Can Work It Out is a good one.

It has always been a particular favourite of mine because of the strong narrative and clever production.

The verses are McCartney’s and the Chorus is John’s. Each was an unfinished song which George Martin suggested could be put together to create a dialogue ‘back and forth’ tune.

It is quite unusual though. Untypically it is McCartney who is writing the negative sentiment of projected failure in the relationship due to lack of understanding, but John is writing the positive consideration of just agreeing and moving forward. Martin then cleverly produced these two themes in the opposite key that would be expected for the sentiment. The downbeat verses of McCartney are in a major key whereas the upbeat sentiment of John’s chorus is in a minor key.

The resulting song is then a complete chequerboard of contrast. The writers being of untypical sentiment, the keys being opposite to the sentiment, and the rhythm alternating back and forth between a solid 4/4 time of the verse and a waltz 3/4 time of the chorus.

Yet it works wonderfully as a whole.

https://youtu.be/Qyclqo_AV2M

One of my favourites.

Kind Regards,
Page 130
Wouldn't Yesterday be more appropriate?

Last edited by Alan_1; 10-11-2019 at 11:29.
Alan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 18:56   #99
Slutty Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_1 View Post
Wouldn't Yesterday be more appropriate?
Probably one of the most seminal songs in popular music but it is so overplayed that I can no longer hear it for what it is. I have sort of become deaf to it.

I have just returned from afternoon tea at one of those nice little country hotels. You know the sort of thing, dainty cucumber sandwiches (bread a bit stale and parsimonious with the cucumber), scones with jam and cream (scones a bit dry*) and tea in china cups (which goes cold quickly), but all set in a room with a panoramic view over the rolling Autumnal countryside.

What made the afternoon though was a pianist playing away continuously as she went through most of the classics you could think of, Your Song, Love of My Life, Wonderful Tonight, All Kinds of Everything, Both Sides Now, Don’t Put Willy Where Willy Won’t Go, All I Ask of You, Can’t Help Falling in Love etc and of course the obligatory Yesterday. Relaxing into the leather chesterfield I enjoyed them all but could not hear Yesterday.

Talking to the pianist afterwards, an elderly lady, she said she had been playing at church this morning and then at the hotel non-stop since mid-day, so that must have been about six hours of solid work on the ivories. She did it all without sheet music as well. How wonderful must it be to have a head stuffed full of music like that ? In 2 hours of playing she did not repeat a tune.

I asked if she ever played We Can Work It Out to which she replied “No, too many changes, it is too complicated”.

My head is stuffed full of numbers and laws and rules and methods, and I envied her head.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

* Why can you never buy a decent scone anywhere ? They are the simplest thing to make yet everybody seems to cut corners and just get them wrong. Like I was taught at school, use an egg and handle lightly without over-working and do not let the egg wash run down the sides. Add a teaspoon of mustard powder if they are cheese scones and sprinkle Parmesan on top. Both my cheese and fruit scones have won first prize in the village show for the past three years**. Interestingly my closest challenger is an elderly batchelor bloke who looks crestfallen each year so I think I may have to throw it this next time and enter some scones in the style of the bought ones.

** To be honest I actually inhereted them from my Grandma. Although she made them bomb proof during the War I do not really think I can stretch it to entering them myself for a fourth year. Might think about baking a new batch next Summer.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 11-11-2019 at 01:27.
Old 16-11-2019, 14:45   #100
Slutty Rimmer

Default You can imagine.

Quote:

Quote:
Indeed, only a few problems are truly intractable so if you are intending to stick around how about we agree to neither of us posting on the politics thread(s) or raking up all that muck from those past threads made years ago ?

I can be Ian, you can be Martin and the Mods can be Mo.

But yes, those good old days*. We did indeed enjoy innocent laughs before Brexit and Hashtags got us soppy-stern at each other’s throats, so let’s just avoid them altogether. As we agree, life is very short and there really is no time for fussing and fighting my friend.
I am speaking to you from the Suggestions Box at UK-Mistresses. Last week the Slutty ambassador in UKM handed the Bjorn Brimble a final post stating that unless I heard from him by 11 o'clock that he was prepared at once to withdraw his posts from the political threads, a state of antagonism would exist between us. I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this Slut is at politics with Bjorn Brimble.

You can imagine what a bitter blow it is to me that all my long struggle to win peace has failed. Yet I cannot believe that there is anything more, or anything different, that I could have done and that would have been more successful. Up to the very last it would have been quite possible to have arranged a peaceful and honourable settlement between Bjorn and myself. But Brimble would not have it. He had evidently made up his mind to attack any posters whatever happened, and although he now says he put forward reasonable opinions which were rejected by the board, that is not a true statement. The proposals were never seen as such by the board, nor by myself, and though they were announced in the above posts made last Friday night, Brimble did not wait to hear my comments on them, but rejected my attempts at peace.

His action shows convincingly that there is no chance of expecting that this man will ever give up his practice of using insults and abuse to gain his will. He can only be stopped by opposing force.

We have a clear conscience. We have done all that any forum could do to establish peace. But the situation in which no word given by Brimble could be trusted, and no members or board could feel itself safe, had become intolerable. And now that we have resolved to finish it, I know that you will all play your part with calmness and courage.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 17-11-2019 at 11:30.