UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 07-02-2011, 17:32   #1
folly

folly is on a distinguished road
Question Reviews & Mistress Information Sought

Would there be any mileage in clarifying or moderating more strictly, what is allowed to be posted under 'Mistress Information Sought'? There seems to be very little difference now between posts in that forum and the (far fewer) posts in 'Reviews'. 'Reviews' seems for all practical purposes to be stagnant, for lack of policing of the other thread.
Old 07-02-2011, 21:48   #2
Lisal

I am not sure it's going to make much differerence other than to reduce the posts in the Mistress Information Sought forum

I assume that you are referring to "one off" posters in this forum who offer a mini review

If we deleted those and suggested that they post a review we'd just add to the list of reviews awaiting the reviewers making some contribution to other fora (amazing how many don't read the guidelines at the top of the reviews forum)

UKM is a pretty quiet place these days and, personally, I'm not ovekeen on making it even quieter. I think there's an arguement for posting all reviews (however many posts the reviewer has made) and letting the UKM audience (who I reckon are pretty shrewd) make their own judgement. Some of the "puff" reviews are so transparent it's untrue

Last edited by Lisal; 07-02-2011 at 22:26. Reason: bad spelling
Old 07-02-2011, 22:05   #3
reefknot

I do keep an eye on the information sort, often there are negative as well as positive replies, I am not sure they are up to review level as most are "never answers the phone" or "I had a great session" type answers. Sometimes I think I should lock a particular thread in this section but then it goes quite
Old 07-02-2011, 22:09   #4
numquata

numquata is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
I think there's an arguement for posting all reviews (however many posts the reviewer has made) and letting the UKM audience (who I reckon are pretty shrewd) make their own judgement. Some of the "puff" reviews are so transparent it's untrue
If, hypothetically, you did that- and personally I can see merit in the idea – then, again hypothetically, would you propose to continue the policy of locking the thread once the review has been posted?

Last edited by Lisal; 07-02-2011 at 22:27. Reason: To sort out my bad spelling!!!
numquata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 22:28   #5
Lisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by numquata View Post
If, hypothetically, you did that- and personally I can see merit in the idea – then, again hypothetically, would you propose to continue the policy of locking the thread once the review has been posted?
Hypothetically, probably not. But you'd have to watch that it didn't get out of hand

Might be a good spectator sport though

Old 07-03-2011, 20:35   #6
folly

In view of Lady Sam's post in the Alice Malice thread, doesn't it become even more important to distinguish between a review (which should be posted in the 'Reviews' forum) and a response to 'Mistress Information Sought', where subjective, review-type comments (rather than factual info.) might perhaps be given privately, or posters encouraged to post a review?

Certainly I would not post a review if the thread were not subsequently locked (except to potential comments from the Domme in question, of course). My experience is precisely that, after all.
Old 07-03-2011, 20:52   #7
reefknot

Quote:
Originally Posted by folly View Post
In view of Lady Sam's post in the Alice Malice thread, doesn't it become even more important to distinguish between a review (which should be posted in the 'Reviews' forum) and a response to 'Mistress Information Sought', where subjective, review-type comments (rather than factual info.) might perhaps be given privately, or posters encouraged to post a review?

Certainly I would not post a review if the thread were not subsequently locked (except to potential comments from the Domme in question, of course). My experience is precisely that, after all.
Hi folly I have posed a question in the Mods forum about how we can manage this section
Old 19-06-2011, 20:14   #8
folly

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefknot View Post
Hi folly I have posed a question in the Mods forum about how we can manage this section
And did you conclude anything? I posted very reasonably in other MIS threads, including a post in response to Mistress Hourglass who misread/ misrepresented/ misunderstood the issue raised. But you lock that thread and don't allow me a right to reply.

This is a mess. You're welcome to it.
Old 19-06-2011, 20:45   #9
reefknot

I kooked the thread because it directly related to Mistress Hourglass who has made a couple of responses in the thread, while you have a valid point about "reviews" in the information sort I believe in fairness to Mistress Hourglass that particular thread should be closed
Old 19-06-2011, 21:16   #10
Purple Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefknot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by folly View Post
And did you conclude anything? I posted very reasonably in other MIS threads, including a post in response to Mistress Hourglass who misread/ misrepresented/ misunderstood the issue raised. But you lock that thread and don't allow me a right to reply.

This is a mess. You're welcome to it.
Folly is absolutely correct and Mistress Hourglass has completely misunderstood the reasoning behind her first post on the Mistress Hourglass thread in MIS.

You have not allowed folly to explain the recurring problem which I am quite sure she would have done calmly and clearly. Mistress Hourglass is entitled to an explanation as she has simply not been around long enough or often enough to know and understand. This is quite obvious from her second post. Do I take it that you will now be providing that explanation?