UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > The Agony and the Ecstasy

Old 17-02-2013, 21:19   #1
subtle

subtle has a spectacular aura aboutsubtle has a spectacular aura about
Default Magic

There are lots of lovely Dommes. There are sweet Dommes, mean Dommes, crazy Dommes, delightful Dommes. But once in a while a Domme comes along who really speaks to you - who draws something from deep inside you before you really know what's happening.

I've met such a Domme recently. She's smart, intelligent, observant, skillful - but more than that, it feels to me like this extra "thing" could happen here. The thing that makes all the difference, that makes it magical.

And the odd part is, I'm not sure that I want to go there again. Or perhaps should, or even can. The last time things ended quite badly. Idiotic to even think of making that kind of emotional investment...

Last edited by subtle; 17-02-2013 at 21:26.
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 19:17   #2
Lisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle View Post

And the odd part is, I'm not sure that I want to go there again. Or perhaps should, or even can. The last time things ended quite badly. Idiotic to even think of making that kind of emotional investment...
Hi subtle - these words of yours have been running round my head on and off today

It strikes me as one of those things where it would be dead easy for someone to say (and I was thinking of saying it!!) that you should give it a go. After all something really good may come out seeing this lady - you only live once etc etc

But, you know, in your shoes I would be very wary if I had been burned before. I am still inclined to think it may be worth the risk.....

Good luck with whatever road you choose
Old 18-02-2013, 22:17   #3
Mistress Adore

Mistress Adore will become famous soon enoughMistress Adore will become famous soon enough

If it is meant to happen subtle it will.

Life has a way of catching us unawares at times.

I wish you luck and a happy life no matter how this goes x
Mistress Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 21:44   #4
subtle

Thanks for the good wishes, and the good sense.

I guess some things can't be repeated anyway, and others don't need to be...
Old 19-02-2013, 22:16   #5
MrBromley

MrBromley is on a distinguished road

Or is it that you are trying to hold onto control a bit too much and are a little bit afraid to really let yourself go, because subconsciously this lady could really press your buttons as she reads you so well?

If it is that type of thing a bit, then I think that you just have to build up the trust by seeing her more and then in time you will be comfortable giving yourself completely.

So, I wouldn't walk away from this opportunity. You may never get another like it, just explore it further and see what happens.
MrBromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 21:46   #6
subtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBromley View Post
Or is it that you are trying to hold onto control a bit too much and are a little bit afraid to really let yourself go, because subconsciously this lady could really press your buttons as she reads you so well?

If it is that type of thing a bit, then I think that you just have to build up the trust by seeing her more and then in time you will be comfortable giving yourself completely.

So, I wouldn't walk away from this opportunity. You may never get another like it, just explore it further and see what happens.
Thanks, Mr Bromley.

I think I've simply lost faith in the wisdom or value of this kind of giving, and I've become much more wary of my own motivations, and those of others.

Or perhaps not motivations, exactly. It's probably more a question of personal circumstances and priorities, and the way that these (for both parties) don't necessarily fit very well with a deeper letting go on the part of the sub.*

I'm not saying that this can't or doesn't happen very successfully for other folk, but for one reason and another that hasn't been my experience.

At the moment the path towards peace & contentment looks for me like being the one called non-attachment.

* I've noticed, for instance, when I sub to someone over a period of time that reassurance & support can become pretty important to me - odd, as this hardly happens at all in other relationships.

Last edited by subtle; 20-02-2013 at 21:48.