UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Discussions of Interest

Old 04-01-2017, 22:58   #11
MistressLola

MistressLola is on a distinguished road

Glad I am able to post a reply to this! Welcome back and Happy New Year UKM

As a Manchester based Domme who rents (not owns) a chamber space, I thought perhaps I should weigh in…

SluttyRimmer: I am sorry you had this experience. The only advice I would have for you in the future is to research your Domme thoroughly, through their website/review boards/twitter presence, but also include their enthusiasm at your session during your enquiries (or lack thereof) as being a part of that research. Whilst we do have to deal with a lot of timewasters which may go some way to explaning curt correspondance, if I was personally paying a large hourly rate for a luxury/special experience I would expect replies to My enquiry to at least show some professionality and enthusiasm (and would be put off if it didn't).

With regards to shared chambers…

I used to run My own chambers, but I gave it up in favour of renting from another Mistresses space. My own personal reasons for this were as follows…

1. Cost. Unfortunately, owning and operating a chamber space in a city like Manchester is a big expense, not dissimilar to having a second house. Put on top of that the cost of dungeon furniture/equipment and it quickly adds up, especially if you are looking at multiple themed rooms. It just wasn’t viable for Me to continue worrying about how many sessions I needed to do that month in order to keep the place open. At a shared chambers, My rent is proportional to the number of sessions I do there.
2. Choice. I get a choice of spaces to use at a shared chambers, to suit different styles of session (different dungeon rooms/school room/medical). At My own place I only had 1.
3. Safety. At a shared chambers there is always another person present. This is not only safer for Me but also for My submissive (if you have a panic attack when you’re in heavy bondage, having another Domme there to help Me get you out faster is a very good thing).
4. Session Quality. Some Mistresses ‘Dominate-by-numbers’ when using a shared chambers, but not all of us. I personally feel as though I can be more selective about who I see, precisely because I don’t have a certain number of sessions I have to do each month in order to cover the overheads of running My own space.

The only other option to either a shared chambers or a privately owned space is for Me to session out of My own home. For some Mistresses that isn’t a problem and more power to them, but for Me personally it just isn't something I want to do, for obvious reasons.

There are certainly downsides to a shared chambers as some of you have pointed out, but for Me the benefits above outweigh those. For the most part I use My own equipment which I clean/sterilise before and after each use, and the chambers I work from are currently looking to open up a ‘back door’ entrance to make the comings/goings even more discreet.

Perhaps if I wasn’t as happy as I am right now with the chambers I rent, I would look more seriously into sessioning from My own space or from home (I admit it would be lovely to decorate a chamber space completely to My own personal taste!). At this point in time though I honestly feel holding My sessions at a shared chambers is not only better for Me but also for My submissives too. I am sure plenty of Dommes who run their own spaces would disagree, and more power to them if that what works for them! Different strokes for different folks

MLR x
MistressLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 23:19   #12
Rehrednu

Rehrednu will become famous soon enough

All of Mistress Lola's observations make sense to me.

My main problem with using shared premises is that on occasion I've experienced my session being interrupted by another Domme coming in to get a piece of equipment etc.

If done with proper etiquette, this isn't a problem but that is not always the case. In my experience it is sometimes the more experienced (and therefore influential at the premises concerned) Mistresses who show least respect in this regard.

"I may be sub, but that doesn't mean I'm sub to you" should be pinned up on the entrance perhaps.
Rehrednu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:26   #13
MissMartinet

MissMartinet is on a distinguished road

Alas, we're back, so I can reply to this message. I started a long reply on my forum but caught up with work it ended lost.

Notwithstanding the remarks about the lady who I appreciate Slutty has withdrawn, it is his business aspect input especially in what regards Manchester that I'm concerned with.

I expressed this paradox before: men want: 1. low fee (oh, the horror of slightly higher fee than the absolute minimum!!) 2. central location 3. the Mistress to have her own chambers 4. but also that the mistress doesn't session very often, cuz the man wants mistress all to himself. Put the four together and you have a financial impossibility. Rents are high in Manchester; dungeon paraphernalia costs in the tens of thousands; the two vital factors render the need for the fee structure and the session frequency you find. What men expect is absolutely impossible, an expensive looking fantasy who exists in the most privileged of circumstances for their fantasy to survive, but charges them very little also. Brains plz.
I think given the economics of Manchester, the dommes are doing a great job. The establishments you're talking about are just commercial chambers: they're not domme houses like you have in New York. Dommes are totes independent. I session from my own central Manchester studio, for CP and foot fetishism etc. You need a session with a Catherine wheel, rubber hoods, medical paraphernalia and red and black walls? That's what capitalism is for: rental adds to the fee, but you have what you need. Like Mistress Lola says, without having to worry about keeping overheads. Premises like Eccles are equipped to such a high standard, I wouldn't personally invest that kind of money. I don't know which dommes claim to own the premises, but I know that if any domme does, it must be because of pressure from pretentious subs who sneer and scoff at a domme not owning her space.

But I find that subs don't need much to scoff and sneer at dommes. Young dommes are a problem, old dommes too, dommes with too much communication, with too little...

Also, the mistresses I know here are actual dominant perverts; some of the London crowd that I know of are far more mercantile and I personally met a few who are subs in wolf's clothing.

It's ironic that the OP asks in different thread, ..how shall we make this forum more mistress friendly? When his posts are emotional judgemental bursts at this or that domme.

P.S. When platelicker (hello! glad you're alive) makes a point of saying there is at least one Mancs domme he knows of who has great communciation (me), Slutty goes on to say his experience says otherwise. But his experience doesn't include me. So convenient, then, that he chooses to brush over other people's experience with his lack of, to make sweeping judgemental statements about a scene of hard working people trying to make a living dealing with fickle and sneery men (shall I remind you of that epochal sneer I received months ago for being explicit about a fee system that actually many dommes have, to the point of being called Jimmy Savilesque. This was a man, Switchable, who ignored repeated links to my credentials in plural form: video, review, scene endorsements, awards, published articles... I think reality was standing in the way of his preconceived sneer of this one specific domme. He apologised since but the mindset is still around).

Website.
CLIPS
TWITTER
MissMartinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:48   #14
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMartinet View Post
Alas, we're back, so I can reply to this message. I started a long reply on my forum but caught up with work it ended lost.

Notwithstanding the remarks about the lady who I appreciate Slutty has withdrawn, it is his business aspect input especially in what regards Manchester that I'm concerned with.

I expressed this paradox before: men want: 1. low fee (oh, the horror of slightly higher fee than the absolute minimum!!) 2. central location 3. the Mistress to have her own chambers 4. but also that the mistress doesn't session very often, cuz the man wants mistress all to himself. Put the four together and you have a financial impossibility. Rents are high in Manchester; dungeon paraphernalia costs in the tens of thousands; the two vital factors render the need for the fee structure and the session frequency you find. What men expect is absolutely impossible, an expensive looking fantasy who exists in the most privileged of circumstances for their fantasy to survive, but charges them very little also. Brains plz.
Brains-R-Us

I actually disagree with all four assumptions listed. Personally I seek none of these criteria and do not consider them overly important. The fee does not need to be low (we don't all go bargin hunting), I generally dislike central locations as I dislike cities (except Edinburgh), shared chambers should be able to work (but in my past experience don't), and the frequency of sessioning is none of my concern so long as I don't get short shrift.

By your own reasoning, what this slut expects is therefore absolutely possible. In this instance though it never materialised and the possible became the impossible. What I found particularly frustrating was the lack of communication to the extent that it was only an hour before my departing that I managed to find out the fee, despite requesting this info in advance. With such late sighting of the costs I then had little time to withdraw the cash.

I returned stressed and depressed and posted as such. When recovered I corrected myself at the first opportunity.

Quote:
It's ironic that the OP asks in different thread, ..how shall we make this forum more mistress friendly? When his posts are emotional judgemental bursts at this or that domme.
Ein Ausbruch, Ein Domme, ein Ruckzug !

One outburst, one domme, one retraction. No names. 791 posts. Your addiction to the exaggerated plural needs to be tempered with an occasional snort of the singular. I find that through precision comes clarity.

Ironies-R-Us

The irony is noted though, and I feel I ought to warn you to prepare yourself for the juggernaut of irony that is about to come thundering down when I make my suggestion. Please do not be alarmed, I have an uncanny nack of easily holding contrary and dissonant thoughts without feeling any discord.

Quote:
So convenient, then, that he chooses to brush over other people's experience with his lack of, to make sweeping judgemental statements about a scene of hard working people trying to make a living dealing with fickle and sneery men (shall I remind you of that epochal sneer I received months ago for being explicit about a fee system that actually many dommes have, to the point of being called Jimmy Savilesque. This was a man, Switchable, who ignored repeated links to my credentials in plural form: video, review, scene endorsements, awards, published articles... I think reality was standing in the way of his preconceived sneer of this one specific domme. He apologised since but the mindset is still around).
Experiences-R-Us

I know of no better way to judge a situation than through personal experience. If each time I stick my finger in the Manchester socket and I receive a painful belt then after the sixth time it would be foolish of me not to draw a straight line through the points and draw up a conclusion. I do not doubt there will be outliers and spurious readings and miscallibrations, but without anyway of distinguishing between the good, the bad, and the tardy I must at some point take the results at face value and give up on the Manchester 'scene'. Even so, I do suspect there may still be at least two ladies who are refreshingly professional and kinky...but then again it wasn't that long ago when I thought there might be at least nine. We clients are not blessed with an inexhaustible supply of time money and patience.

Why are there so few fully independent ladies in Manchester ? It seems to be a quality particular to that city.

No, you do not need to remind us of the 'Jimmy Savile' comment. It was a rather ugly thing to say and you have quite understandably taken offence at the comment*. Please do not think that anybody here would condone such baiting. It is the very thing we need to eradicate.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

* Although to be precise once again, if I remember correctly he was not likening you to the JS, but was likening an opinion or response to that of four (supposedly) well known people, one of whom was Jimmy Savile. I had not heard of the other three.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 15-01-2017 at 09:39.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 14:07   #15
MissMartinet

MissMartinet is on a distinguished road

Slutty, I already acknowledged your previous apology for the emotional outburst. I addressed the economic considerations you brought up in general, therefore not addressing you in particular, which is why I said "men do". Not Slutty does. See my first paragraph.

General impression is you hold dommes under very close scrutiny and what appears as pretty random criteria, related to real estate etc.--which is pretty immaterial to the quality of the domme's actual ...magic.

To each their own but the judgement appears pretty unforgiving and generalising, I noticed.

"The irony is noted though, and I feel I ought to warn you to prepare yourself for the juggernaut of irony that is about to come thundering down when I make my suggestion. Please do not be alarmed, I have an uncanny nack of easily holding contrary and dissonant thoughts without feeling any discord."

You misspelled knack. I await this suggestion, with the assurance that I, also, am capable of controversy and debate without harbouring personal resentment. Things are complicated in society and differences as such need to be ironed out.

On a last note: define fully independent ladies. I know that when you rent a premise like you would a hotel or business venue, you are still independent. There is no threatening Madame out there in the dungeons putting conditions on how the ladies run their sessions. It's a transaction. Many dommes like me, session from a variety of places: home, hotel, dungeon, client's house, open air. It's totally independent and where the session takes you. Since I am not willing to put £100,000 in a room with spectacular BDSM furniture, I am glad someone else did who can hire it to me per hour. Elegant solution, really.

P.S. The quality of being something-esque is having a characteristic thereof, not all of them. An opinion or communication style of mine is a characteristic, so my sentence applies: even if he only said I have a characteristic of, and not all characteristics of said odious personality.

Eg.: She has abundant curves, which makes her Rubenesque. She doesn't have other qualities of Rubens' women, but the one that she does, lends her the attribute.

Website.
CLIPS
TWITTER
MissMartinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 16:21   #16
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

What men want.

1. I don't want low session fees. I'd love them but I completely understand why they have to be how they are

2. Central location. Nope. I live somewhere a long way from where there are loads of dommes. Fortunately, that's where she lives too. Not central, though. I want to be with the right person - the location is secondary

3. Mistress to have their own chambers. Works for me. It makes it feel like it's hers - her creation - her vibes. I get that isn't possible for everyone - equally it's nice (for me) when it happens. Others - dommes and subs alike - will feel different

4. Mistresss doesn't session often because you want her to yourself. Hum de hum. We all like to feel special to our long term mistress - sort of natural. But, it's not all about that. Herself used to session a lot more than she does now. She's said to me that she loves it now - as she can pick and choose when she sessions (independent lady) and who she sessions with. That means she comes to it fresh - with someone she wants to have fun with

Beginning to see a pattern here. City sessioning against country sessioning

Know what I prefer!

Last edited by Lisal; 05-01-2017 at 16:42.
Lisal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 19:12   #17
Mistress Adore

Mistress Adore will become famous soon enoughMistress Adore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post

4. Mistresss doesn't session often because you want her to yourself. Hum de hum. We all like to feel special to our long term mistress - sort of natural. But, it's not all about that. Herself used to session a lot more than she does now. She's said to me that she loves it now - as she can pick and choose when she sessions (independent lady) and who she sessions with. That means she comes to it fresh - with someone she wants to have fun with

This is how it works for me and I am very happy to be in a place where I can say sorry I don't think we will work if a person is not quite right for me or me them than session because it is a job. Having been around as long as I have in this game I am so lucky to be in the position where those who come to see me know they are special to me.

I have an extended time with my gent in just under two weeks and I am very excited about it, and spending 4 days with someone is something that can only be done with a person you like on a personal level.
Mistress Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 19:15   #18
gutt

gutt will become famous soon enough

The trouble with a thread like this is that it's prone to generalisation which of course doesn't reflect the real world.
A Mistress with her own dungeon and equipment that matches ones session desires is to me the ideal. There is no hurry up because of the next booking, all equipment is available - no sorry we can't use the medical room today because another Mistress is using it. And of course the fee is going to be at the higher end of the range. Having said that I've met one or two mistresses with their own dungeons where cleanliness and hygiene have left a lot to be desired.

Second best for me where a mistress with her own dungeon shares it with another. Works well where they co-ordinate their use so that the play space is only used by one of them at a time.

Multiple mistress dungeons again can work well but for me there is the concern that do all the users work to the same (high) hygiene levels.
gutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 19:57   #19
Rehrednu

Rehrednu will become famous soon enough

At the risk of stating the obvious, the preference for premises is in large part dictated by the session dynamic sought.

Personally, I don't need lots of heavy equipment but rather seek a realistic and personal power exchange. As my Mistress has a genuine personal interest in D/s, she owns personal equipment and is adept at making use of her domestic space. Certainly our time together doesn't lack surprise or variety.

So although we have sessioned from one of the larger commercial premises, from the very start it became clear we both enjoyed it more at her home.

For me this creates more emotional intimacy, and just feels more natural. As well as being more discreet, other compensations include the ability to move freely across rooms, less focus on precise finishing times with no separate room hire for her to meet, and time and appropriate space for after care. I'm sure we're closer as a result.
Rehrednu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 21:57   #20
platelicker

platelicker is on a distinguished road

[quote=MissMartinet;61906]

men want: 1. low fee (oh, the horror of slightly higher fee than the absolute minimum!!) 2. central location 3. the Mistress to have her own chambers 4. but also that the mistress doesn't session very often, cuz the man wants mistress all to himself.

"Men want" is certainly a generalisation. I am a man and I do not want any of those.
platelicker is offline   Reply With Quote