UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 17-10-2018, 17:54   #11
posh-sub

posh-sub will become famous soon enoughposh-sub will become famous soon enough

I think 40 and 30 are both far too fast.

Consider the poor bugger in front with the red flag. His plimsolls would melt at that speed.

peace & Love
poshie
posh-sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 07:56   #12
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Talking about speed.
Young chap I know had his first driving lesson just the other day. I am not envious one bit and the thought of having to re-sit, if I ever had too, the driving test. Would fill me with dread.

All this theoretical nonsense for a start. Not to mention you have to look under the bonnet nowadays when your having lessons.

When I took my test I was in the car for 20 minutes and answered five questions on the Highway Code to get me through it. I kid you not. One of those asked was,
“When would you consider wearing sunglasses when driving”

I thought for a moment about saying,
“I don’t own a pair of sunglasses. I live up North”

Then thought better of it.
Old 18-10-2018, 11:27   #13
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by posh-sub View Post
I think 40 and 30 are both far too fast.

Consider the poor bugger in front with the red flag. His plimsolls would melt at that speed.

peace & Love
poshie
Yes, I suppose that may be of concern to some do-gooder or other, but as far as I’m concerned my man Bernard is ‘staff’ and both he and his plimsolls are expendable. If he can’t keep up with a steady 40mph then I shall just have to trade him up for a newer faster model.

You can get staff now with EPO injected muscles that can easily do a steady 45mph. I read a road test of one in last months ‘Top Butler’ magazine. I must say though I have quite a fondness for Bernard because he does 0 to Impertinent in a little over 7.5 ‘tutts’, so I might keep him a bit longer and just run him into the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiesouth View Post
Talking about speed.
Young chap I know had his first driving lesson just the other day. I am not envious one bit and the thought of having to re-sit, if I ever had too, the driving test. Would fill me with dread.

All this theoretical nonsense for a start. Not to mention you have to look under the bonnet nowadays when your having lessons.

When I took my test I was in the car for 20 minutes and answered five questions on the Highway Code to get me through it. I kid you not. One of those asked was,
“When would you consider wearing sunglasses when driving”

I thought for a moment about saying,
“I don’t own a pair of sunglasses. I live up North”

Then thought better of it.
Ahhh yes, those were the days. When I took my test back in the day all I had to do was drive a furlong forward then engage the ‘reverse’ gearing of the machinery and sound the klaxon before finally running over a peasant.

Things were much simpler back then. I don’t remember any questions about sunglasses. My poor eyesight of these later years prevents me from wearing a sunmonocle whilst driving so I now have a prescription windscreen with clip-on dark glass attached above that I just winch down with a little brass pulley whenever the Sun graces us with its presence.

Don’t know how Bernard copes with the glare, because I try not to talk to staff. I have staff who do my talking to staff.

Note to self: Once these posting glitches of late are sorted out I must trouble myself to explain what the thread title has to do with Brexit. Believe it or not I have perceived a connection whilst driving to a session last Friday.

I parked Bernard up outside.

Kind Regards,
Lord Slutty of Rimmershire.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 18-10-2018 at 11:40.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 12:47   #14
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

I don’t know wether they still do it or not. But in the Olsen times. The examiner would walk out of the test centre with you and then select a parked vehicle a little way off and ask you to read the number plate of said car.

Trying to be as jovial as possible and make a connection with my examiner. I squinted a bit and said,
“Car...... what car”

I got a look of sheer boredom and a tick in some box on the clipboard hecwas holding.

Probably said “Twat” in italics.

Maybe the thought of me returning to sit a second test was too much for him to cope with. So he passed me instead.
Old 19-10-2018, 08:11   #15
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

I bet he`d never heard that one before, in fact I`m pretty sure I used something similar, I also hit the kerb during several manouvres and still passed.

I reckon the examiners took an intelligent overview of competance in those days rather than ticking sufficient boxes.

Still we`ll all be `driving` RC electic cars before long...can`t wait

That said maybe its not all bad news : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nze936uWQT4

Last edited by Barstool; 19-10-2018 at 13:36.
Barstool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 11:05   #16
jo nep

jo nep will become famous soon enoughjo nep will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
That said maybe it not all bad news : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nze936uWQT4
It looks like a Scalextric car my son used to play with. That was electric too and by the looks of the video, it moved a darn site faster than the one on display!.
jo nep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 07:29   #17
geordiesouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo nep View Post
It looks like a Scalextric car my son used to play with. That was electric too and by the looks of the video, it moved a darn site faster than the one on display!.

Don’t you believe it Jo. If it ever gets produced, those electric motors will propel it at an incredible pace. Just ask anyone who’s driven a Tesla.