UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 15-09-2018, 11:18   #1
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough
Question Trespassers

So what’s the law on travellers and trespass.

For the second time in a few weeks. Travellers are on the common.

The large logs the council placed on the grass verges just get pulled out of the way so the cars, vans, caravans can gain access.

Last week they were moved on and a huge pile of rubbish was left. More local council tax money used to get rid of it.

The dogs these people have just shit everywhere too. It is so easy to look at travellers as a whole and think they just have no respect for the people and country they live in.
Which is wrong of course........

But why does it take so long to move these folk on. Why can’t it be easier. Or made easier.

An email to my local authority asking if stronger measures can be put in place to prevent access, was not even acknowledged or replied too.

Concrete pillars would be good and easily disguised if they offended the natural beauty.

Bloody hell. If I parked on the grass verge I’d get a parking ticket and then be lifted.
But then again I’m a law abiding citizen and pay taxes.
Easy meat then.
Old 15-09-2018, 11:39   #2
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

It's normally civil so the police won't get involved.

The council has to get a court order. It's been happening round here. Travellers arrive at A - council gets order - travellers arrive at B - council get order. Rinse and repeat. I believe one or two councils have managed to get blanket orders.

Worth saying that the majority of travellers are law abiding and cause no problems
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 13:40   #3
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

I didn’t mean to suggest otherwise Lisal me old mate.

It’s just this ridiculous state of affairs where it takes ages to move them on and the fact it would be so easy to stop access anyway.
Old 15-09-2018, 13:46   #4
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiesouth View Post
I didn’t mean to suggest otherwise Lisal me old mate.

It’s just this ridiculous state of affairs where it takes ages to move them on and the fact it would be so easy to stop access anyway.
I know you didn't. And I agree.
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote