UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 10-01-2018, 16:19   #1
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road
Default The Army:

I know I`m being cynical and Barstoolish here, but watching the news today, I can`t help imagining a group of front line soldiers, all chosen from a select group of politically correct, BLT candidates (or is that a sandwich?) raging towards a rebel held area in some lawless middle east country.

The lady rifle woman stopping to adjust her hair and make sure the lippy hasn`t worn off, the muslim officer having a crisis because he has to kill members of his own faith, the two gay guys lusting after the young officer in front of them whilst at the same time having a problem with mud and sand spoiling their outfits and the Jamaican guy who`s just fed up, tired and wants to go home.....oh God, I left out The Bhuddists, Lesbians, Seventh Day Adventists, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, BDSM`ers, Transexuals, Animal Lovers, Vegans... sorry bout that!

So no stereo types then!

But seriously can cold bloodied killing & destruction be made PC?

Last edited by Barstool; 10-01-2018 at 16:51.
Barstool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 18:30   #2
reefknot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
So no stereo types then!

But seriously can cold bloodied killing & destruction be made PC?
Yes

The British military is about being a highly trained, disciplined fighting force that is capable deploying control aggression where and when required to serve the interests of the UK; above all its a non-conscripted service that is drawn from British society as a whole.
Old 10-01-2018, 21:50   #3
No. 6

No. 6 is on a distinguished road

I have to question why someone can kill other people just on the say so of someone else . We are all responsible for our own actions .

Firstly I regard myself as a member of the human race , my nationality is purely by accident of birth . If you think about what is a country , it is just an imaginary line that most people agree on . These imaginary lines have moved many times throughout history .

When they ask you to go to war , just say no .
No. 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:08   #4
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by No. 6 View Post
I have to question why someone can kill other people just on the say so of someone else . We are all responsible for our own actions .

Firstly I regard myself as a member of the human race , my nationality is purely by accident of birth . If you think about what is a country , it is just an imaginary line that most people agree on . These imaginary lines have moved many times throughout history .

I would think for the most part. The people joining any of the armed forces, know they might get asked that question.

Or did they sign that contract and cross the bit that said,
“Fight or not fight...... tick appropriate”
Old 11-01-2018, 10:31   #5
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

The trouble is, as I see it, if the Army treats PC the same as The NHS, Local Authorities & other public sector organisations they will employ people `because` they are black, gay, disabled or whatever, irrespective of suitability for the job to be done.

I see this all the time in LA`s and it is a big problem, but even more so in a war zone when peoples lives really do depend on people being selected intelligently not just to keep the quotas `acceptable`

I agree with No 6, I hate the whole ethos of wars, but sadly it`s a major part of the world today, and it has to be said, it`s not so much about borders these days, more like religious/faith intolerance by some followers the religion of peace!

Last edited by Barstool; 11-01-2018 at 12:44.
Barstool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:06   #6
jo nep

jo nep will become famous soon enoughjo nep will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down

Quote:
...We are all responsible for our own actions .

Unless of course we are mentally disturbed, had a poor upbringing, father abused you, local fo0tball coach abused you, members of an opposing gang abused you, it was someone else's fault... or perhaps, unfortunately, that is how the world is today.

I suspect North Korea would love the rest of the world to 'just say no' but I suspect that aint gonna happen!

Last edited by jo nep; 12-01-2018 at 10:11. Reason: spelling
jo nep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:06   #7
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default Give a man a fish.

Quote:

Or maybe ask ‘Why ?’.

I have always thought a certain background belligerence is an inevitable consequence of evolving societies and that beyond a critical population number the human race resolves into distinct societies that are defined by geographical location and belief structures, and which then compete for limited Earthly resources.

If a society has used it’s resourcefulness to steal and plunder and exploit lesser capable societies then they may want to cease the warring at some point when sitting with a comfortable advantage, the same will not be said of the disadvantaged society who may then wish to seek reparations...and so it continues.

It’s like the old saying says, “Give a man a fish and you can feed him for a day, but if you give a man a fishing rod and teach him how to fish...then the f*cker will start stealing your fish ! So just keep giving him a fish a day.”

The idea of all people in the World living in harmony and equitably sharing resources is a nice and honourable one but such an ideal is in unstable equilibrium and will soon collapse back to tribalism. There will always be an evolutionary pressure for minor discrepancies to be exploited and amplified into a win-lose outcome. If other people aren’t exactly like you and don’t think exactly like you and you have less than perfect knowledge of one another then how can you be sure they aren’t trying to better their genes over yours ? Evolution is a sort of forcing tool that acts upon differences no matter how small, and it can’t be switched off...ever. Speciation and extinction is an inevitable and unstoppable one way process.

We can vive the difference or exploit the difference, but we are programmed not to ignore the difference.

I suppose it could be argued that perfect peace and harmony would actually be the end of evolution and thereby the end of humankind. It is competition that powers the main spring of human development.

War, what is it good for ? Maintaining the continued existence and evolution of life on Earth, possibly ?

Kind Regards,
Hari Seldon.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 14-01-2018 at 10:26.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 13:24   #8
No. 6

No. 6 is on a distinguished road

I think competition is part of the problem , how about we try co-operation for a change .

When the US spends vast amounts on it's military , then there has to be a perceived enemy to justify that spending .

War is just like any other product and has to be sold to the masses and just like any other product it is very profitable . This has been the m.o. for thousands of years , how come most people keep falling for it .

I guess the recent false alarm in Hawaii creates fear that the bogey-man is going to get them . Create the fear and hatred and people are much easier to manipulate .
No. 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 14:30   #9
reefknot

Quote:
I think competition is part of the problem , how about we try co-operation for a change .

When the US spends vast amounts on it's military , then there has to be a perceived enemy to justify that spending .

War is just like any other product and has to be sold to the masses and just like any other product it is very profitable . This has been the m.o. for thousands of years , how come most people keep falling for it .

I guess the recent false alarm in Hawaii creates fear that the bogey-man is going to get them . Create the fear and hatred and people are much easier to manipulate .
I quite agree with your point, however there is always someone somewhere that does not agree with our way of life, want to take from us the ability to move about and trade freely around the world.

We need the "Projection of power" there is a fine line between aggressive and being assertive I believe the UK armed forces project assertiveness quite well
Old 15-01-2018, 07:16   #10
jo nep

jo nep will become famous soon enoughjo nep will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefknot View Post
...there is always someone somewhere that does not agree with our way of life, want to take from us the ability to move about and trade freely around the world.

We need the "Projection of power" there is a fine line between aggressive and being assertive I believe the UK armed forces project assertiveness quite well
Agreed.
It is all very well being altruistic but as reefy implies, someone is bound to take advantage of that 'weakness'
jo nep is offline   Reply With Quote