UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 12-02-2018, 16:20   #1
Ogden McNit

Default Capitalist scum

. . . .

Last edited by Ogden McNit; 09-08-2018 at 21:31.
Old 12-02-2018, 17:35   #2
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default Ooooo. The sauce of it !

I am a victim myself, and this tale of woe only serves to remind me of the cynical marketing I was subjected to. It still hurts.

A few years ago I was stopping in a Premier Inn and had a meal in the fake-pub which they all have attached to the hotel. Halfway through the pleasant enough meal the pleasant enough waitress came over to ask if everything was OK and could she “get you guys* anything like more drinks or any sauces, brown sauce or mustard ?”. I asked for mustard and tartare and tomato sauce which duly came in three little saucers. Only later in the evening did I inspect the bill to find we had been charged £1 each for the sauces. It left a bad taste in my mouth, one which was actually worse than the taste left by the soggy pile of fishy bits and pieces that claimed to be a distant British relative of Fritto Misto.

The wanky besuited profiteering miserable bastards ! I wrote to Premier Inn’s customer ‘care’ department and said as much, but got no reply. The wanky besuited profiteering miserable uncaring bastards !

It was nearly enough to make me vote Labour, and if the nationals get hold of this I look forward to John McDonnell promising a state requisition of all condiment distribution mechanisms, and ensuring that any amount of Red sauce will be free for all people at the point of application, from ladle to grave-y boat.

Anyway, they never got us the next night because the breakfast sauces were free in those little sachets and so we swiped a load in readiness for the evening meal. We could see the waitress that evening was visibly perturbed at our clandestine application of the purloined sauce.

Kind Regards,
Page 130.

* I really really hate that term ‘you guys’. Far too over familiar and in our case inaccurate, being as we were 2 men and 3 women.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 13-02-2018 at 07:28.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 17:57   #3
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

It all happens up there.

This story

https://www.wigantoday.net/news/offb...head-1-9013132

was on the very same page
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:21   #4
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Ahhhhh the system. You have to know how to work it. Good on Slutty and his colleagues for capturing the sachets.
In a similar vein. Quite a number of people down here drink what’s called a top.
Usually it’s, “Lager top please”
Just a beer with a drop of lemonade in it.

Years back I was charged for the top. Can you believe it.
They have to put less beer in so they can get the top in and charge you for the privilege.

So now. I order the beer, drink some and then ask for the top.
If it’s free, then quids in. If not....... I’ve still had me full pint
Old 13-02-2018, 09:53   #5
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

Paying for what you actually have, what a ridiculous concept, I would have charged him extra for the damage his lardy arse may have caused as he shuffled into and out of the shop.

And on that point...why should great fat lumps who weigh slightly more than a baby elephant pay the same price for an airline ticket as a normal sized person.

I took a flight recently and the heavilly perspiring, malodourous episopde who sat next to me actually took up two seats....he wheezed, grunted and rumbled throughout the 2 hour flight, fought me rigorously for the arm rest and when I saw him post airside he was sat slumped on a bench sucking alternatively on a roll up and sausage roll, but his weight was probably genetic or he was big boned!

With certain and obvious exceptions, a simple philosophy of pay as you go should apply to everything IMO, why do people expect something for nothing.
Old 13-02-2018, 12:02   #6
Des

Des is on a distinguished road

An old departed friend, when presented with a pint not filled would say to the unsuspecting barman: "Do you think you could get a whisky in there?". The usual response was: "Aye, no problem". Immediately followed by my friend's comment: "Well I don't want a whisky, fill it with beer".
Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 12:09   #7
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des View Post
An old departed friend, when presented with a pint not filled would say to the unsuspecting barman: "Do you think you could get a whisky in there?". The usual response was: "Aye, no problem". Immediately followed by my friend's comment: "Well I don't want a whisky, fill it with beer".
I’ve used that hundreds of times
Old 13-02-2018, 13:05   #8
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiesouth View Post
I’ve used that hundreds of times
I heard about that night GS

The concept is spot on, pay for what you have, and have what you pay for..the other thing that right cheeses me off is..`Service Charge`....and then when you don`t leave a tip, on top, they give you that look.
Old 13-02-2018, 13:37   #9
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road
Default No extra charge for the warm beer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
I asked for mustard and tartare and tomato sauce which duly came in three little saucers. Only later in the evening did I inspect the bill to find we had been charged £1 each for the sauces. It left a bad taste in my mouth, one which was actually worse than the taste left by the soggy pile of fishy bits and pieces that claimed to be a distant British relative of Fritto Misto.
Such pricing rip-offs are bound to ketchup with them one day. Do you think this is all because we have said tartare to Europe? There might be more to come. We might be facing many twists of dijon vu...
Old 13-02-2018, 14:39   #10
posh-sub

posh-sub will become famous soon enoughposh-sub will become famous soon enough

It warms the cockles of my old heart to see a good old fashioned rant in full spate.

Well done slutty for giving us all a chance to vent our spleens and spit vitriol in all directions.

Look out! There goes one now!

Peace & Love
poshie
posh-sub is offline   Reply With Quote