UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 02-10-2009, 09:54   #1
briunz

briunz is on a distinguished road
Angry Caution - Posting as a 'Visitor'

I have just realised that any post that is put onto a members 'Visitors' page is visible by anyone who looks at that members profile.

Please be cautious in what you say. If it is personal or has some private content then please send to a member's 'Private Messages' to ensure confidentially.

I had to quickly erase such a post this very morning as soon as I had realised and I wanted to caution other members of this 'new function', welcome as it is, being very Public.

Is there some way of putting an obvious caution on the 'Visitor' messages page that any information posted will be available for anyone to view???

Or am I just being 'thick' and still 'in the clouds' from yesterday

"The critic Brook Zern has written, of a performance of someone with duende, 'it dilates the mind's eye, so that the intensity becomes almost unendurable...
There is a quality of first-timeness, of reality so heightened and exaggerated that it becomes unreal...' (Maurer, In Search of Duende)."

Last edited by briunz; 02-10-2009 at 09:57.
briunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:58   #2
Mistress Tabitha

Hello briunz, I experienced this also yesterday with a certain nice young man here & didnt realise until some time later that the message was indeed visible on the member's profile page as a "visitor's message" ! !

In the end I had to message that certain someone and ask for them to delete the messages, woops !

I think this is so easily done & glad that you have posted here to warn people etc, thanks, x

Miss T x
Old 03-10-2009, 07:51   #3
buckssub

buckssub is on a distinguished road

From the FAQ:
Quote:
What are Visitor Messages?

Visitor messages are publicly viewable messages posted on member profile pages. To post a message, click on the 'Visitor messages' tab, and use the form at the top of the section. You will only be able to use certain formatting in these messages, as described underneath the edit box. This message will be viewable by all visitors to this profile, including guest users and search engine robots if the administrator has allowed this. To communicate privately with a member, send a Private Message instead.

Visitor messages can be edited or deleted by site moderators or the member who owns the profile. If you see a visitor message that is not appropriate, you can alert the moderators by clicking on the 'Report' link. The 'View Conversation' link allows you to view all visitor messages between the member and the owner of the profile.
So it looks like Visitor messages are visible to the whole Interweb. It is possible though, to go into the excellently named "User CP" Profile Privacy, and restrict who can see them.

Hope this helps

d
buckssub is offline   Reply With Quote