UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Scene News and Product/Vendor Reviews > Where Can I?

Old 27-04-2012, 14:58   #171
jediboyuk

jediboyuk is on a distinguished road
Default May update

Powerpoppers and their other sites remain the villains in this as they sell shit and don't do any after care Customer Service.

Lady Anna, I think you are being "kept sweet" as everybody else had had appalling experiences with hundreds of pounds wasted.

Face it, they're crooks. Clever crooks, but still crooks and I don't care WHAT Mister Jens Bartlett says! He has provided no constructive feedback or even replied to over twenty emails questioning his stock's validity and I have spent over a hundred quid just to be ignored and peddled shit that made me ill!

I don't like it - I won't use them!

I buy from UKPoppers as they at LEAST have the DECENCY to check you liked their stuff and will pass on to manufacturers.

Titus Extra has gone south, same as the original, but the company who make it are crooked as they come so they are slipping in crap with decent stuff just like Powepoppers. 8 duds outta 10. 36 quid wasted. Libertybelle UK limited who make the crap some of you may remember as "Clonezone" who got busted. They changed the name, sacked all the staff & kept the thieving sods at the top. They are outed here:

http://news.pinkpaper.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=706

I do not find the "Extra strong" or "Ultra strong" in any way effective.

"Squirt" is a nice little bargain, currently out out of stock, but good.

"Yellow" can be good - it varies.

Am about to try "Extreme" and "Kink".

As always, mileage may vary - brands turn shit every minute these days.

Might be an idea for somebody to look into what I have mentioned to double check. Also, there is a new brand called "Liquid burning" and it comes from France. Might be an idea. I have asked UKPoppers to look into getting it, but I'm the only customer to request it so far.

Forget liquidgoldpoppers.com with or without the hyphens - their stock is rubbish and their "original formula" has been up and down for 2 years.

Now it's bona fide SHIT!

"Number 1" brand has been mentioned favourably over at poppersplace and popperdude seems to like it. I had a coupla bottles and thought it was OK.

MUCH better than anything else on the market, not quite the old stuff, but a lot smoother and CLEANER than any of the other muck I've been peddled!

Pricey at £8 a 10ml bottle, but pretty great considering I'm having to ditch most other orders after "1 snort testing". INSTANT headache with Titus. pooey!

UK Poppers are OK guys but the Titus, Titus extra, Kink, Extra Strong and Ultra Strong are lame. Hardon is passable, but nothing to write home about.

Just got some Squirt from roomaromas.com - basically, it's the UK site for Topofthepoppers - totally LAME!

Hope I've been of some help.

D

Last edited by jediboyuk; 18-05-2012 at 15:18.
jediboyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 16:39   #172
jediboyuk

Default The ban reason was disproved in 1989.

The ruling out of Isopropyl makes NO SENSE and has allowed the introduction of AWFUL bathtub substitutes

(picture jens around a dirty bath in a run-down shack stirring with a FILTHY, chipped wooden spoon - it ain't far off!)

http://www.allaboutpoppers.com/pink_paper_london/

Read it. Dr Burton clearly states:

All my researches as presented in evidence in the recent Old Bailey trial point to the following conclusions:

1. There is no link between using poppers and acquiring HIV or KS or AIDS, except if using them makes people forget safer sex guidelines.

2. There is no evidence that sniffing poppers causes significant effects on the immune (or defense) systems of the body. T4 cells (the cells attacked by HIV) may be affected by inhaling poppers but then these cells are known to be affected by the time of day or exercise and a hundred other factors including diet.

3. There is no evidence whatsoever for someone developing AIDS or KS as a result of sniffing poppers independent of being infected with HIV.

4. Poppers inhaled to excess can give you a bad headache, or make you feel sick. In combination with alcohol poppers can do even worse, making users vomit or very rarely faint.

5. All the other effects attributed to poppers by their critics, including anemia, collapse and in extreme circumstances death, have been due to enormous misuse, most often by drinking the stuff.

AIDS, or the fear of it, has made puritans of some people and that's OK for them. What isn't OK is vociferous lobbyists with strong beliefs, unsupported by the evidence, calling for changes in the law that would mean people wouldn't be allowed their own decisions over whether or not to use poppers.

A public debate over poppers is called for and I for one would welcome the chance to discuss the relative merits or risks of poppers in public before any more people are panicked into a monastery by scaremongering headlines.

The moral of this story should be Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers.
Old 27-04-2012, 22:41   #173
jediboyuk

Default Some more very intelligent stuff

My friend, popperdude, who has a chemistry background and is one of the brightest and balanced individuals I know, says this on the subject:
September 15, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Couple of things I have learned reasearching poppers:

1) The link between poppers and HIV + Kaposi’s Sarcoma is debatable to this day.
2) Poppers are as carcinogenic as organic nitrites/nitrates found in foods we eat.
3) Just because more gay men with HIV used poppers than gay men without HIV in NO WAY proves a correlation to poppers and HIV. That’s thee most ridiculous statement I’ve read.
4) Inhaling nitrites or poppers causes about as much brain damage as drinking a pint of beer.
5) Risky behavior (barebacking) and non-safe sex promiscuity are what kill our community and cause HIV – not poppers my friend.

Demonizing poppers and there use is a huge waste of time when we have many more prevalent issues at hand in the LGBT community. Perhaps you should spend more time on our community’s internal hating and gay-bashing – for example?

However as of writing this comment there is a huge popper “crisis” due to the main manufacturer and distributor of poppers, PWD Brand/PacWest being shut down after being raided by the US feds. The owner, Joe Miller, was also found dead. This and more are on my blog popperdude.blogspot.com.
Old 27-04-2012, 22:44   #174
jediboyuk

And a couple more: I especially found the references fascinating!

It seems we have all bee lied to... again!

James says:
May 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm

As a gay man who enjoys using poppers on occasions and also having a degree in biochemistry and a degree in chemical pathology, I find it strange that there is such an outcry to what is essentially a relatively harmless recreational drug. Research shows that there is little evidence of the Alkyl Nitrites (and it is nitrites not nitrates!!!)having long term detrimental health associations. There is a link with irresponsible sex by some and their use, but this I suspect is a factor of the individual not the drug. Before law makers and supposed scientific “do-gooders” (although I always question these peoples underlying motives…..closet homophobes!) race to ban a drug used relatively uncommonly, why not put a concerted effort into banning tobacco, which has been demonstrated to cause multiple health problems and is a major killer. I suppose however the loss in tax revenue and social outcry make little poppers a far easier target for ban obsessive and moralistic enterprise. Am I just a little cynical? Well anyways having the benefit of a chemical based education means that if bans on formulations do continue, I can always look to home brew!!
Daz Cummins says:
October 11, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Isobutyl poppers are practically bloody HARMLESS!

Been using them 25 years, am also 43, and have never been more miserable and BLIND WITH ANGER!

Popperdude and Steve Clare are right on the money here – the stuff just isn’t bad for you, it’s been a fine addition to our sex lives for DECADES!

Yeah, you can get dizzy or have a bit of a headache, or feel nauseous with overuse but that’s it. Just be careful.

The “new improved UK formula” is a pile of shit that actually DOES harm you, it is jet fuel ffs!

Cass Mann and his idiotic “crusade” had NO PROOF that poppers and HIV increase were related, and Kaposi’s Sarcoma is allowed by the HIV virus – nothing else! It’s an AIDS syndrome.

Drinking and smoking do more damage, but that’s legal.

The Isopropyl rubbish out now is AWFUL and has not been tested like Butyl (found guilty for no good reason - we EAT nitrites!). I personally HATE it, and I HATE Cass Mann and POSH for their selfish, bitter, twisted agenda in trying to shift blame to everybody’s favourite drug.

It is YOUR responsibility who you fuck, YOUR responsibility how many people you fuck, YOUR responsibility to use protection, and YOUR responsibility to avoid rough practices unless you know what you’re doing – and please look at this as a caring, responsible lover, not some dreg who’ll do anybody – that’s how HIV spreads.

Gays must wise up and be responsible, not yell “fire” when some idiot, dead, old queen and his sycophants throws out a tenuous link to poppers that has been disproven.

Geez, it’s like banning drinking because you “might” get a hangover. Or cigarettes because they can make you cough a bit.

Those 2 drugs are FAR more dangerous, but they’re taxed to the hilt.

For FUCKS SAKE!!!

Idiotic is too subtle a word.

DAMN YOU, Cass Mann!
Jan Martin (@fishbong) says:
December 14, 2011 at 12:04 am

A worth-while note in re: Amyl Nitrite and AIDS/HIV:
The use of Amyl Nitrite (and all poppers) to facilitate sexual enjoyment is commonly acknowledged in gay subpopulations, and HIV infection is prevalent among homosexual men. As such Amyl nitrite and other poppers have been accused of helping to spread AIDS/HIV, however existing scientific studies on this topic do not justify the widespread belief that Amyl nitrite has been shown to help cause AIDS, or cause anything else for that matter. Physicians like prominent cardiologist John 0. Parker, M.D., and James Mosley, M.D., -the University of Southern California Medical School professor who heads the federal government’s largest, multi-million dollar program studying the AIDS virus and the nation’s blood supply-, have provided public testimony at governmental hearings considering the banning of “poppers”. Each had reviewed the evidence and stated under oath that he regards the claims of danger to be ill founded. When mediocre or even plain bad scientific research is politically exploited by AIDS institutions eager to appear to be earning their keep, or by the media — ever keen to fan any spark of controversy, or zealots riding their favorite hypothesis saddled up as fact, the public is in danger. -Bruce Voeller, Ph. D.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz1gSkW6AOV

Last edited by jediboyuk; 18-05-2012 at 15:20.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:32   #175
notworthy

notworthy is on a distinguished road

Just thought I would join this discussion. I still use JJplus from powerpoppers, only last week received 4 bottles, warning in French and marked as Leather cleaner. Weather it's the real stuff or not who knows, all I can say is that it's the best stuff out there for me. I still pop into shops and buy the odd bottle of Liquid Gold and the like, and for £3 a bottle it hits the spot for a quick rush, but for my more private time sitting at home chilling Jungle Juice is still my preferred brand.
notworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 18:00   #176
loser9000

loser9000 is on a distinguished road

So, anyone know any decent poppers in 2014?

I tried the alkyl nitrite Jungle Juice available from Soho sex shops for £8 a bottle. It's okay, better than Liquid Gold, more of a trippy effect, but the bottles don't last much of the way down.

The Chinese 'Liquid Aroma' poppers from TinyDeal were really good isobutyl, but it looks like that site has stopped stocking them entirely.

There's still USPopShop which is good, trippy stuff, though it's expensive, not available in 10ml bottles, and delivery takes a while.

Anything else worth trying?
loser9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 19:11   #177
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

There's me thinking Glenfiddich hits the spot.
I am such a lightweight.
Old 23-05-2015, 21:11   #178
uc-ColiN

uc-ColiN is on a distinguished road

I have found rush Black strong are ok and ecstasy pop are decent but the rest are just a waste of money for me. But after a while of using them i have learnt one sure thing other than headaches,

Whats the point of using them on your own, much more fun to have someone not taking them to torment you, maybe force them, or even take them away from you. Part of a session, they are amazing. Using them on my own, well, meh, you get a buzz, then nothing much else.

I guess i learned that the magic is not in the bottle, but by the lady holding it. But if you want some, the two i mentioned are not bad.

<C> - back again
Old 02-06-2015, 15:41   #179
rubber slut

rubber slut is on a distinguished road

http://www.uk-mistresses.com/vBullet...ead.php?t=5501

looks like the party's over.

Besides the legal changes though, (legislation later this year banning supply of all "legal highs" unless specifically exempted), the medical stuff is very concerning.

An opthamology clinic in Guys Hospital gets a rash of gay men, poppers users, with macular degeneration (leads to blindness). Not clear that this has to do with amount used or frequency. Hypothesis it is as a result of the switch to isopropyl nitrite, therefore not seen before with the older drug.

Those of us who remember when AIDS appeared it was as a series of unusual diseases which were almost unknown. Took a while to trace it back to the cause (HIV virus).

Last edited by rubber slut; 09-06-2015 at 10:18.
rubber slut is offline   Reply With Quote