UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 09-12-2017, 12:13   #1
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough
Default Cooking programmes

You can’t switch on the 24 inch rediffusion box lately, without having to watch some so called chef knocking up some concoction of sorts.

So I’m having me tea this morning and look up to see one of the guests helping our master chef prepare something.
He’s only chopping something up but then after a few chops, he only scratches the inside of his nose, then carries on picking up this bread or whatever it was he was handling.

Well, it is reality tv innit. I suppose we all do that don’t we.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:01   #2
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

Yuk or Eweee as the Americans say, I bet the nose pickers dish was over salty.... the trouble is now, everyone is a cook or a gourmet and The Consilidated Crap Corps have filtererd into most aspects of food.

Restaurant standards have plummeted as cheap, crappy and overhyped food has infested our towns and cities.

A lot of the Bengali restaurant owners are now opening Mexican, Italian & God knows what other themed places, I went to one at the weekend, Spanish Tapas, not a Spaniard in sight and the bill for two a tad over £80, the food was absolute rubbish and the premise of the customer is king was replaced by threats of violence when the quality of the food and the bill were challenged.

Luckilly there are one or two little gems still about and thank God for Trip Advisor, at least you can get your own back.