UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 16-04-2018, 11:19   #1
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road
Default Secondary Contamination:

I may well be being a bit thick here but, when a building is used for making or storing of dangerous weapons grade chemicals, and it is blown to pieces, what happens to the material.

Is it destroyed or dispersed into the atmosphere?
Old 16-04-2018, 21:08   #2
subparman

subparman will become famous soon enough

You're not being thick, I had wondered the same thing given that at Salisbury it seemed only minimal exposure to chemical weapons presented near fatal consequences.
subparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 18:18   #3
reefknot

reefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud of

The chemicals destroyed by bombing this week I believe as choline what was not destroyed by the heat of the explosions will dissipate into the atmosphere and be broken down by the uv of the sun.

Better to take the risk of blowing these facilities to smithereens than allow their continued use

Just in case
email: reefknot_uk@msn.com reefknot_uk@msn. com (note that there is an underscore between reefknot and uk)

My Twiter
reefknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 22:14   #4
jo nep

jo nep will become famous soon enoughjo nep will become famous soon enough
Default Gone but not forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
I may well be being a bit thick here but, when a building is used for making or storing of dangerous weapons grade chemicals, and it is blown to pieces, what happens to the material.

Is it destroyed or dispersed into the atmosphere?
It will have all been moved away from the bombed facilities. That way there is no reason to think of contamination caused by the bombing.

It probably went to the Russian airbases along with their airforce and helicopters.
jo nep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 08:26   #5
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

I appreciate gas based weapons would dissapate, but nerve agents, as we`ve seen in Salisbury are a bit more of a problem.

I wonder if they did have time to move everything, knowing how these regimes operate it is likely, however I`m sure the targets would have been under 24 hr close up surveillance right up to the attack, I suppose a lot of what goes on these days is `symbolic`