UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Suggestions Box

Old 13-01-2009, 14:29   #1
Lady Samantha
The Boss Lady

Lady Samantha has a spectacular aura aboutLady Samantha has a spectacular aura aboutLady Samantha has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up FAQ for the new board

I thought I'd take this opportunity to start an FAQ to work in tandem with the standard board FAQ that can be found at the top of your page, underneath the board logo.

So, below is a list of the questions (and answers) our fabulous Beta testers have come up with.

I can't see the security image so I can not join the board, I'm currently stuck viewing as a guest

You have the option to refresh this image countless times until you find one that you are able to distinguish. Yes, it is hard, deliberately so to help avoid spam bots. If after several attempts you still can not join, please email webmaster@UK-Mistresses.com from the email address you would like to join with and your user name and we will see what we can do.

Why do I have to rejoin? I've been a member of the old forum for years and don't want to rejoin

Unfortunately, the old board has become corrupted. Much as we would like to, it is not possible to transfer the membership database over to this board. The old board will be kept as a reference, it has such a wealth of knowledge and stands as a testament to all of it's members. The old board will be linked on this site and will be accessible to all. Posting however, will be disabled on the old UK-M.

How do I refresh the main page?

Click the folder image next to the 'UK-Mistresses' link (located under the UK-M banner at the top of the page). Incidentally, this is where it will show you which forum/thread you are on and what activity you are doing, such as 'Post New Thread'. Clicking the folder will refresh which ever foum you are on, showing you the latest posts in that forum.

When you click quick reply on a post does it reply to the single post quoting that post or just puts a reply to the thread?

You can do either. If you check the box that says 'Quote message in reply' it will quote the previous post. If you leave it unchecked it will just be a plain reply.

I no longer get a pop up message telling me when I have a new pm. Why is that?

You need to enable it through your User Control Panel.

Go into User CP and then Edit Options and then about half way down you will see:

'If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.'

Just check the box next to 'Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up' and this will give you that pop-up.

I love the fact that you can download PM's. Will you be increasing the limit from 50?

Because you can download them....and because we are going to let you have images on your profile and sig line, we are going to keep them at 50. That way we won't hopefully have to pay loadsa money on bandwidth!

Where can I find out who moderates which forums?

They are shown at the bottom right hand corner of the page when you are in the menu for each of the individual forums.

Why do some users have a + next to their names?

Users that you have added as a 'friend' will appear in the user list with a + against their name.

To be added to as we go along....

Last edited by Lady Samantha; 14-01-2009 at 10:07.
Lady Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote