UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > The Agony and the Ecstasy

Old 21-02-2013, 17:35   #11
Mistress Adore

Mistress Adore will become famous soon enoughMistress Adore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post

I know my domme does - she knew it before me!!
We usually do :-)
Mistress Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 19:30   #12
sissy maid

sissy maid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle View Post
* I've noticed, for instance, when I sub to someone over a period of time that reassurance & support can become pretty important to me - odd, as this hardly happens at all in other relationships.
this time last year i wouldn't have understood what you where talking about, now i do :-)
sissy maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 19:47   #13
Lisal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Adore View Post
We usually do :-)
Nope - we let you think that you do

Old 21-02-2013, 20:07   #14
sissy maid

sissy maid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisal View Post
Nope - we let you think that you do

He He He
sissy maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 22:57   #15
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road
Default Magic and Loss: The Summation

“There’s a bit of magic in everything
And then some loss to even things out”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0jHPRO98lM

According to the Second Law of Thermodynamics, the total entropy (measure of disorder or chaos) of the Universe always increases which means that everything must eventually run down. The initial magic at the time of big bang will ultimately be inflated away to its final state of almost absolute zero. There will remain a summation of an infinitesimal signature of atomic vibration dispersed throughout an almost infinite Universe which will equal the same amount of matter and energy in what was an initial state of supersymmetry when the entire Universe was a single object before big bang. Unfortunately, there is not enough matter and energy to reverse the original expansion of the Universe, so it will expand forever…At the beginning a concentration of infinity in zero…towards the end a concentration of zero in infinity.

Magic and Loss…
Old 21-02-2013, 23:42   #16
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex nihilo View Post
“There’s a bit of magic in everything
And then some loss to even things out”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0jHPRO98lM

According to the Second Law of Thermodynamics, the total entropy (measure of disorder or chaos) of the Universe always increases which means that everything must eventually run down. The initial magic at the time of big bang will ultimately be inflated away to its final state of almost absolute zero. There will remain a summation of an infinitesimal signature of atomic vibration dispersed throughout an almost infinite Universe which will equal the same amount of matter and energy in what was an initial state of supersymmetry when the entire Universe was a single object before big bang. Unfortunately, there is not enough matter and energy to reverse the original expansion of the Universe, so it will expand forever…At the beginning a concentration of infinity in zero…towards the end a concentration of zero in infinity.

Magic and Loss…
Errrrr, where did that come from ?

More to the point, are you sure of it ? It's an often stated assumption that entropy is a measure of disorder but the concept of disorder has no metric or definition. Entropy is a measure of nothing more than entropy (dQ=TdS), and is at the very heart of our misunderstanding of the Universe. I suspect in the long run it will turn out to be a self referencing inclusion of our own ignorance in the equations and possibly even the generator of time. It isn't by accident that the statistical Boltzmann entropy has the same logarithmic form as Shannon's definition of information content i.e. a probabilistic measure of uncertainty.

If entropy is disorder then how is the universe becoming more 'clumpy' and ordered under gravity whilst the entropy increases ?

As another abstract response to Subtle; it was once famously said of the temptation to recreate past magic 'you can't reheat a souffle'.....but then Delia says you can.

Probably best to learn and evolve and to indeed go around again wiser and better informed.....with less entropy.

Chaos and Creation.

Kind Regards,
Rimmer.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 22-02-2013 at 00:52.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 06:19   #17
subtle

subtle has a spectacular aura aboutsubtle has a spectacular aura about

Around the time that things went completely shitty & wrong, I found myself scrambling up one of the Black Cuillins in Skye. The rocks up there are sharp & prickly, and by the end of the day my soft, city-dwelling fingertips had been well and truly ripped open.

On my way back to the road I stopped and picked up a pebble from the stream, made of the same rock but worn smooth by water, pitted with small pale depressions where the spikes had been.

I came across this pebble again recently, and as I turned it over in my fingers, I felt I understood something new about its smoothness, and its gentle indentations, and the tiny brilliant lights.

There's something precious about this stone.
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 11:01   #18
ex nihilo

What makes the Second Law uncomfortable is that it is an inequality that merely asserts that the entropy (a measure of the systems disorder or randomness) of an isolated system is greater at later times than it is at earlier times. Horribly vague, even mysterious and uncomfortable because it is not an equality like the law of conservation of mass, energy, electric charge, momentum and angular momentum.

However, the key words are later times. If you just look at an egg timer the isolated system seems to have a constant amount of disorder. But if we want to run time we need to flip the hourglass over. The mechanical energy expended by my hand comes from energy transfer mechanisms in my cells and were derived from photosynthetic and metabolically produced foods. To record time, at a later time would lead us to the conclusion that the resultant entropy is greater. We cannot undo this simple process and reduce entropy at a later time. To use an egg timer to run time also introduces the notion of the logarithm in entropy since bringing together two separate and independent systems (the timer and my hand) shows the entropy concept to be additive.

So, although described in vague terms, entropy increase at later time is fairly self evident.

Modern theory suggests that there are 3 parameters that will determine the future of the Universe. The Hubble constant which measures rate of expansion. Omega which measures the average density of matter and lambda, the energy associated with ‘empty’ space. As omega is the density of the Universe divided by critical density (roughly 10 hydrogen atoms per cubic metre) a ratio of less than 1 would lead to the conclusion that there is not enough matter in the Universe to reverse the expansion from big bang.

Much of the evidence this century comes from the recent WMAP (Wilkinson microwave anisotropy probe) satellite. WMAP has revealed the ‘echo of creation’ and confirmed the age of the Universe, the precise temperature of microwave background radiation and comes up with a measurement of the Hubble constant in support of ‘an inflation forever’ scenario for likely values of omega and lambda.

Perhaps the biggest surprise was that the WMAP data has shown that 23% of the Universe is made up of dark matter and 73% dark energy. That leaves a mere 4% of matter and energy that we can see. It is not surprising that with space time arising from an explosion of space within itself and not an expansion of something into nothing that there might be a lot of glue around that we can’t see in the internal structure. I like to think about the baking of a sponge cake. The original moist and sticky ingredients lie at the bottom of the baking tin. As we bake all aspects of the cake move away from the centre in all directions. It is an expansion of itself and the resulting magnificent sponge looks more than the sum of its parts. However, we know that there is an equality of matter from beginning to end. We no longer see the original ingredients but only the finished cake. It is tempting to say that most of the sponge is ‘empty’ space…but we know that is not the case.

I wont be right in 10,000 years time, but then again nobody else will be…

Last edited by ex nihilo; 22-02-2013 at 11:09. Reason: sp
ex nihilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 12:48   #19
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about

If any of this is helping you Subtle then please let me know. Or better still, please explain what the Hell we are talking about. I for one haven't a clue !!

You are talking about the Isle of Skye and pebbles*. Ex-Nihilo is off on one about the expanding Universe and the unaccounted for 96% dark matter**. Whilst I am talking about information theory and souffles !!

Still, it's good to talk......isn't it ?

I still advise you to use your past experiences to better illuminate your path ahead. Continue, of course, but with clearer vision into the distance.

Kind Regards,
Rimmer.

* It's odd how pebbles are often used as metaphor in science and philosophy. Probably something to do with the evidenced passage of deep time and how the big can become small. I particularly like Newton's 'small boy' analogy he made at the end of his life.

** Which on current trend will probably turn out to be made from horsemeat.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 23-02-2013 at 13:24.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:02   #20
ex nihilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
You are talking about the Isle of Skye and pebbles*. Ex-Nihilo is off on one about the expanding Universe and the unaccounted for 96% dark matter**. Whilst I am talking about information theory and souffles !!

Still, it's good to talk......isn't it ?

Kind Regards,
Rimmer.

* It's odd how pebbles are often used as metaphor in science and philosophy. Probably something to do with the evidenced passage of deep time and how the big can become small. I particularly like Newton's 'small boy' analogy he made at the end of his life.

** Which on current trend will probably turn out to be made from horsemeat.
A long time after big bang but still around 150 million years ago, I can remember Pebbles and her dad Fred enjoying a Bronto Burger at the Bronto King drive-in at Bedrock.

No horsing around with meat back in those days. You knew you were getting a real Bronto patty.

Pebbles liked…