UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 13-02-2018, 14:58   #11
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

I often wondererd where the saying `vent your spleen` came from as it didn`t appear to have any relevance....well here you go....courtesy of the interthingymaweb:-

The spleen is, of course, one of those brave little organs nestled in the human midsection (just east of the stomach, in this case), performing those thankless tasks we don’t notice until something goes wrong and our deductible becomes relevant. The spleen’s job is to act as a sort of filter for the blood, but in medieval times, when each bodily organ was thought to be the home of one emotion or another, the spleen was regarded as the seat of melancholy (a mood we now know to reside in the wallet). There was apparently a brief period later on when the spleen was suspected, improbably, of supplying humor and good cheer, but by the late 16th century it was decided that the spleen was the source of rage and ill-temper. Thus “spleen” has for several centuries been a metaphor for “anger,” “resentment” and general crankiness.

“Vent” comes ultimately from the Latin “ventus,” meaning “wind,” and as a verb means “to emit or discharge from a confined space,” as a fan “vents” cooking fumes from a kitchen. The “vent” in “vent one’s spleen” is a metaphorical use of the verb that arose in the 17th century meaning “to relieve or unburden one’s heart or soul,” a sense we still use today (“Don’t mind me, I’m just venting”)

So now you know....
Old 13-02-2018, 21:48   #12
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default How right are you Jack ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden McNit View Post
Spot on. They really couldn't care less what you think of them. I applaud the sentiment behind your revenge plan, but the five of you eating two meals at their establishment the following day to con them out of three quid they would have been conning out of you is just playing into their hands. Who was the victor here?
Unfortunately we were a captive audience having already booked in advance and there being no convenient alternative at short notice. We resolved never to patronise the penny-pinching* miserable bastards ever again. Take note peoples, those Premier Inn f*ckers represent everything that is wrong about Britain’s gullible acceptance of the unrelenting greed which perverts the capitalist system. A middle ground is needed.

My poor niece was trembling like a leaf as she squeezed the sachet of contraband ketchup over her chips. No child should be forced to become a radical activist at such a young age, and I hate the Premier Inn for radicalising the innocent and the naive. I on the other hand flaunted my actions by holding the stolen mustard sachet high above the greasy burger and ensuring all about could see my deliberate action of defiance.

Quote:
Asking if someone wants sauce and then charging them for it when they say yes is a toerag's trick, and very un-British IMO. If it was me, I would have handed over the 6p, taken the bottle out of his hand and squeezed the entire contents onto my sausage butty to teach the fuckers a lesson.
Good on you. Unfortunately they have that covered by only ever quarter filling the bottles so as to minimise the impact of your average condiment terrorist/freedom fighter. They are proper bastards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
Paying for what you actually have, what a ridiculous concept...

...With certain and obvious exceptions, a simple philosophy of pay as you go should apply to everything IMO, why do people expect something for nothing.
How far do you take this rabid free market insanity ?

On a cold February morning such as today I wrap up well in quilted jacket and hat and gloves, and dressed as such I object to visiting the butty shop and paying for their unrequested heating in the price of my bacon sandwich just to subsidise those who are less well insulated than myself ! Furthermore, I am a reasonably tall fellow with quite a decent stride to my step and I fail to see why I should also subsidise a fully planked floor when I could easily get by with as few as one in every four floorboards. Those short legged little striders less fortunate than I should pay more for their butties because they use more floorboards than I do.

Also, these additional charges for heating and flooring should remain hidden until final checkout once implicit acceptance is assumed.

Kind Regards,
I’m All Right Jack.

* The numbers are staggering. If each of their shitty fake-pubs can cruet con a table out of £3 each night then over 20 tables a night, each night of the year, at each of their 750 miserable hotels the besuited penny-pinching twats rake in about an extra £16,425,000!! The sauce rip-off is paying for their company Bentley’s and their pension, and their holiday home in the Bahamas. They are laughing at our gullible addiction to the sauce as they speed past us on the motorway to jet off for some Winter sun.

Tell them to f*ck off.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 16-02-2018 at 01:11.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:07   #13
Barstool

Quote:
How do you know he didn't pay for two seats?
I think we all know, you know the answer to that ...you little minx you
Old 14-02-2018, 10:04   #14
Barstool

Stop it now Oggy, it`s not big, it`s not clever and it`s certainly not hard!
Old 14-02-2018, 11:11   #15
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Stop it now Oggy, it`s not big, it`s not clever and it`s certainly not hard!
I’m always hard
Old 14-02-2018, 11:35   #16
Barstool

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiesouth View Post
I’m always hard
So I understand, and I know you`re clever but are you big
Old 15-02-2018, 11:44   #17
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So I understand, and I know you`re clever but are you big
Sadly.......... yes
Old 16-02-2018, 10:48   #18
Barstool

What a strange world you inhabit Oggy