UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Scene News and Product/Vendor Reviews > Scene Events

Old 09-08-2017, 22:21   #121
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Adore View Post
Yeah yeah yeah so you keep saying ......
Is that the lyrics from a Beatles song.
Old 09-08-2017, 22:26   #122
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Anyways........... GG has been in touch with said gay bar and apparently large groups of perverts are not encouraged on Saturday afternoons.
So that means we are ok.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:32   #123
platelicker

platelicker is on a distinguished road

So who is actually coming. It seems like it is going to be a small gathering. GS, GG, Poshie and me.....and lots of gay men on the fringe dying to join us.

By the way, I have been to that bar - and I am not gay - and nothing for us "straights" to worry about. Well maybe GS should be worried but he needs to be whatever bar he goes in because he thinks that drinks are free and his pockets are sown up.
platelicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:42   #124
geordiesouth

Oh my god.
It's time to put the record straight once and for all.

It all began many years ago when Moose, Phoenix, Lisal, Reefy, Posh, Mistress Alana and several other well known UKM'ers...... all met up at the LFF.
As we headed to the bar I simply stopped to kneel down and tie up what I thought was an undone shoe lace. I completely forgot I was wearing slip ons.
Of course it meant Lisal got to the bar first. Finding himself in uncharted waters he made some fuss about me deliberately letting him get to the bar first.
A scuffle broke out and I must have lost my wallet in the fracas.

Since then it's been nothing but GS is a tight wad. GS never buys a round.

It's just not fair I tell you.
Tell you what. GG will buy the first round at the mini munch.

Happy now.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:01   #125
ex nihilo

ex nihilo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogden McNitt View Post
But no-one would ever suggest a group of BDSMerz meeting up in a Conservative Club.
That's because they are already there, silly. Who do you think thought up caning in the first place? Not skint blokes wearing flat caps. I put it down to too much wanking in the dorms..

Quote:

GS's suggestion was not without logic. A gay bar is culturally appropriate and surely the clientele would be by definition liberal-minded? I certainly don't think it merited such a rude response.
Lot of assumptions there about GG's suggestion...
Old 10-08-2017, 17:03   #126
geordiesouth

GG's assumption ?
Old 11-08-2017, 09:54   #127
Optimist

Optimist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For goodness sake, get with the times Optimist. This is London 2017, not some provincial backwater 1977.

Care to explain what you mean by "normal" pub and "hetrosexual" pub? Somewhere full of boring old straight men with 'traditional' views like yourself, perhaps?

Straight people do go in gay pubs, and vice versa these days, you know?

I'm staggered there are still people out there who still think in these terms. Let alone someone with an interest in attending events for people whose common interest is BDSM.

I for one thought it was an excellent suggestion from GS. Good to see at least some people on here aren't afraid to move with the times.
Once again you cannot reply without being offensive. As I typed the word normal I thought you might pick up on it and sure enough you did. You have now changed the topic of this thread to one of political correctness.

Before you refer to other people as boring you might want to take a good long look at yourself. If only you could see the irony.

Amongst the people I find boring are those obsessed with political correctness.
Optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:02   #128
Optimist

Optimist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by platelicker View Post
By the way, I have been to that bar - and I am not gay - and nothing for us "straights" to worry about. Well maybe GS should be worried but he needs to be whatever bar he goes in because he thinks that drinks are free and his pockets are sown up.
I hope I never implied that there was anything to worry about.

I am very regular pub user indeed and pubs to me are all about ambience and a prominently gay bar is unlikely to be my kind of ambience. I did once walk into a gay pub by accident and although there was nothing to cause me either concern or offence, I did not stay long. My preference is always a pub anyway rather than a wine bar.

However I think I will now come along to this event even if I only stay an hour.

It might be interesting.
Optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 16:39   #129
Ogden McNitt

Ogden McNitt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I did once walk into a gay pub by accident
Easily done, Optimist. I'm sure we've all been there at some point;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=niumQLDL_k0
Ogden McNitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 16:52   #130
geordiesouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I hope I never implied that there was anything to worry about.

I am very regular pub user indeed and pubs to me are all about ambience and a prominently gay bar is unlikely to be my kind of ambience. I did once walk into a gay pub by accident and although there was nothing to cause me either concern or offence, I did not stay long. My preference is always a pub anyway rather than a wine bar.

However I think I will now come along to this event even if I only stay an hour.

It might be interesting.

Welcome you will be my friend and it will be good to see you. Like I said, it's only one of many pubs in the area and will probably be just a starting point.
For what is primarily a gay bar. They have two beautiful young ladies who sometimes work behind the bar. It's a hell of a job getting GG away from the place when they are there.

Kidding dear. Only kidding.