UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 17-01-2019, 09:14   #41
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
Is Jeremy Corbyn just the biggest fantasist fool ever* ?

How can he expect the British government to rule out a ‘no deal’ Brexit when doing so will hand all the cards to Europe in further negotiations and thereby give them no reason at all to concede anything ? Ruling out no-deal will give the EU the pleasant choice of forcing a deal that benefits only them, or Britain staying in the EU.

He obviously has never gone in to see his boss to negotiate a pay rise. I was taught well that you enter with your resignation letter typed out and ready to hand over. You certainly do not go in with the statement “Whatever the outcome of this pay discussion I shall not be leaving the company...can I have a pay rise please ? Pretty please ?”.

Does the bloke live on planet Earth ?

Kind Regards,
The Fireman.

* He is always shouting and going red in the face. Why does he shout so much ? I presume it is because his politics is best suited to the idealist dogma of marches and rallies, and not much suited to government. Shouting like that makes him look unsettled and out of control, which in turn makes the PM look composed and reasoned.

He is very reminiscent of the alcoholic geography teacher who hates his job and can’t control his class.

Bloody hell.
Why is it always the geography teacher ?

Was him and the art teacher when I was at school.
Old 17-01-2019, 18:28   #42
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

I always use the `Geography Teacher` analogy, I suppose, they were always the dullest and least creative folk, geography is geography and it doest change much over the centuries..

Comrade Corbyn stands a chance of being even more sidelined surely, all he is interested in is his horse and cart politics and ousting The Conservatives, I don`t think anybody really takes him seriously these days, love to see him depicted in The Simpsons.

It would be amusing though, to see his rag, tag and bobtail team trying to get us out of the mess we`re in....almost a shame it`ll never happen.
Old 17-01-2019, 21:52   #43
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default Nice one Jerry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
I always use the `Geography Teacher` analogy, I suppose, they were always the dullest and least creative folk, geography is geography and it doest change much over the centuries..

Comrade Corbyn stands a chance of being even more sidelined surely, all he is interested in is his horse and cart politics and ousting The Conservatives, I don`t think anybody really takes him seriously these days, love to see him depicted in The Simpsons.

It would be amusing though, to see his rag, tag and bobtail team trying to get us out of the mess we`re in....almost a shame it`ll never happen.
Geography teachers and history teachers do have a most futile task in trying to motivate teenagers to learn stuff they will almost never benefit from.

I am now the wrong side of 50 years old and I am still waiting for an opportunity to deploy my knowledge of the Zuiderzee land reclamation in Holland, steel production on Teesside, coal transportation by barge up the Ruhr valley, or the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII. I don’t know what those teachers knew would happen in my life, but it worries me that this is all now going to come into play in the latter half of my years !!!

As for Brexit, I am still quite chipper.

In a strange convoluted way we are staggering towards the right type of Brexit. Nothing yet has alarmed me.

Corbyn’s bid for power has failed and blown his cover. Everyone can now see him for what he is...a cynical terrorist. Happy to meet the IRA, Hezbollah, and Hamas without pre-conditions, under the mantra that ‘dialogue trumps dogma’, yet not so happy to meet the PM to discuss the most important issue to affect the United Kingdom in peace time. Nice one Jerry.

It occurs to me that the government now needs to consult across the political spectrum (and ignore Labour if they choose to opt out of the process) and then go back to Europe to try and renegotiate the deal with a no deal Brexit as the default outcome, and then return and put the revised deal to Parliament. If the deal is not passed then it should be put to the public to decide if we want to accept the new deal or leave without any deal. Remaining does not need to be an option as this is discounted by the original referendum. We only need to figure out how we are leaving.

It puts the pressure on MP’s to focus and decide how much they trust themselves and how much they trust us.

All straight forward... ?

Kind Regards,
The Fireman.

“You [Rimmer] are truly a master amongst masters...” Ex Nihilo, UK-M.

“Freedom only to speak inoffensivley is not worth having.”

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/...e-judgment.pdf

“If a man can be a woman, there's no such thing as a woman.”

“LGBTQIA2S+ ? Everything after the B is either fake, fashion, or illness.”

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 28-06-2019 at 01:52.
Slutty Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 15:47   #44
Alan_1

Alan_1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutty Rimmer View Post
All straight forward... ?

Kind Regards,
The Fireman.
I’m not sure it is straight forward!

I believe that Mrs May knows exactly what she’s doing.
By being intransigent she believes that MPs that fear a no deal Brexit (which the majority of MPs do I believe) will have to vote for her deal eventually and that she will get her deal through.

Without changing her red lines the EU will not renegotiate the agreement and it looks like the backstop has no chance of being amended either.
So the 2 options remaining will be May’s deal or no deal.

Even though I voted remain in the referendum I’m of the opinion that a no deal is probably better than May’s deal in the long term, especially as under May’s deal we will have to pay the £39 billion divorce bill (which by the way pays for the 73 MEPs’ pensions, including Farage’s which is reported to be £73,000 per annum and their transition payments!)

Transistion Payments

Last edited by Alan_1; 22-01-2019 at 16:07.
Alan_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 16:50   #45
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

It goes without saying.
Whatever way the exit swings. One thing is for certain.

In times of financial hardships. It ain’t gonna worry the MP’s one bit.

But really. You have to feel sorry for old Nige don’t you. Having to struggle by on a pension of only £70K a year.
How the hells he gonna afford to session for gods sake.
Old 22-01-2019, 23:02   #46
Slutty Rimmer

Slutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura aboutSlutty Rimmer has a spectacular aura about
Default Let’s talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_1 View Post
Without changing her red lines the EU will not renegotiate the agreement and it looks like the backstop has no chance of being amended either.
I don’t understand why MP’s and commentators and the media just gullibly (or cynically willingly) believe the hard bargaining stance of the other side. The Europeans would say they are not going to budge, wouldn’t they ? Bluff is all part of poker, so why are we not playing the same game ? It is in their interest to test our resolve and determination, especially when our establishment demonstrably has so little of it.

Mrs May has a bigger pair of balls than most other MP’s.

To go back to the pay negotiation analogy; if I go to my boss and tell him upfront I have no intention of leaving the company he is usually ‘unfortunately unable’ to meet my pay aspirations ‘...thank you for your dedication, please close the door on your way out’, but if he isn’t quite sure of my intentions then he is prepared to talk and see if something can be agreed.

They need to ‘know’ we are serious about a no-deal if the backstop cannot be renegotiated, in the same way they want us to ‘know’ they are serious about a no-deal if it isn’t accepted. We are as (not) serious about it as each other, so let’s keep talking all the way to the wire. Who put them in charge of negotiations anyway ?

As it stands, immovable objects have no difficulty when facing resistable forces, and Parliament is showing itself to be a very weak and very resistible force. This is probably a deliberate intention by appeasers to try and pretend there is no other choice but to have a second referendum.

Yet what does anyone think a second referendum would resolve, and how would it achieve this ?

It would be civil war.
It would have no meaning given that it’s very existence demonstrates that referendum results have no meaning.
It would resolve nothing if the result was reversed in favour of Remain, and the voice of Leavers would then need to be similarly respected by a ‘soft remain’, and a ‘hard remain’ avoided at all costs.
It would resolve nothing if the result was still to leave.
It would lead to anarchy.
It would give legitimacy to the SNP when calling for another independence referendum.

Where is the argument for another referendum ? What do people think is then going to result that will magically solve Brexit ?

Kind Regards,
The Fireman.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 23-01-2019 at 06:35.
Old 23-01-2019, 13:47   #47
Slutty Rimmer

Default Who will rid me of this turbulent population ?

There is another option to this Brexit conundrum which I have not heard mentioned anywhere.

If either no-deal or deal is not acceptable to Parliament and a majority cannot be found for anything, then why don’t a group of MP’s take responsibility for their actions and propose a bill that just cancels Article 50 ? Instead of trying to pervert public opinion into another meaningless dangerous referendum just effectively say “This house is elected to be in charge and it was a mistake on our part to permit the first referendum and another mistake to support Article 50 because in our view people are not clever enough to know what they need, so we are changing our mind and just ignoring the result and withdrawing Article 50.”

There is nothing to stop them doing that, and it is more honest than hiding behind the spin and smoke-screen of a ‘people’s vote’ i.e. yet another referendum*. They could just pull rank and take responsibility for their majority remain opinion. The house is remain yet the country is not, so either piss on Brexit or get off the Remain pot.

We would all then be united in our distrust and loathing of MP’s and we could then all stand outside the House of Commons and hurl synchronised abuse at them. It ends it cleanly, it unites the country, and it proves us all right.

They are after all a bunch pissing rankers.

I know it isn’t a sensible option, and my tongue is firmly in cheek...but then in these times who knows ?

Kind Regards,
The Fireman.

* I think Leave would win again. People don’t like being told to agree with somebody else’s opinion and the Leave slogan would capture this with something like ‘Tell Them Again’. It captures consistency and offers empowerment and authority against the establishment.

Last edited by Slutty Rimmer; 24-01-2019 at 00:33.
Old 23-01-2019, 22:28   #48
geordiesouth

* Totally agree

Cameron thought he’s call for a referendum because he thought it would never actually happen.
Even if it did. He never thought it would go the way it did.

UK politics as it stands at the moment is absolute pooey.
It’s a case of we’ve put up with pooey for so long. It’s now the norm.
Old 23-01-2019, 22:29   #49
geordiesouth

Oh come on

I can write cunt but I can’t write sh1te on this forum
Old 25-01-2019, 19:27   #50
reefknot

I like this quote from the Independent -----

No one is pushing the stuff harder than Jacob Rees-Mogg, who on Wednesday afternoon addressed a large meeting of the Bruges Group, which describes itself as a “Eurosceptic think tank” but is in fact a care in the community project for people who last paid to use the bus in the pre-decimalisation era.

This is a man who spouts on about democracy he has said May should close parliament temporarily if necessary (or prorogue it, to use the technical term) to stop MPs passing a bill blocking a no-deal Brexit.

Some say he lives in the Victorian age however the act of prorogue is very Cromwellian; so be prepared to become more Amish than liberal in his world