UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Discussions of Interest

Old 07-08-2017, 10:51   #1
acescrushed

acescrushed is on a distinguished road
Default Hey everyone look at me. I'm a PD. The rise of the self involved dom?

There are a few dommes that I follow on Twitter that are very self involved. It's ALL about them. They are attractive and entertaining but deary me they are so self absorbed it's bordering on a mental illness.

Their sex life, their latest STD. What they eat, bowel movements. Etc. If it is about them, they will let you know.

This is not just a one off.. There are quite a few PDs who fit this mould.

They are so far up their own arse that there's no room for slaves to fit in. I like PDs to be a little bit haughty and confident but when the conversation is all about them it's a little bit dull.

I sometimes wonder if they've chosen to be a PD just so they can tell other people.
acescrushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 17:59   #2
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

I think it's more in this social media happy, instant response world that there is quite a large element of playing to the audience

I follow a couple of dommes on twitter. One is a friend. The other provides services in my specific area of interest so I find what she writes interesting. Some times I think,"oooh" but then read the whole exchange and see that she is "playing the game" to an extent

We do have to remember that these ladies are running businesses - one Domme told me pretty recently that much of her clientele come via twitter

It's not my cuppa and I'm glad that my lady doesn't indulge (she's not the most IT savvy ) but can completely see why it happens
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:42   #3
jon123

jon123 has a spectacular aura aboutjon123 has a spectacular aura about

My long-term (retired) mistress and my current one were and are very private people who do not have a social media presence. That may be one of the reasons I like them so much.

Over-use of social media can change the personality, and not for the better.
Old 31-08-2017, 22:06   #4
devonsub

devonsub is on a distinguished road

Interesting post this. What about the Dommes who are out on every social media platform available day and night, 24/7 totally self immersed, publicize parties and events to draw in tributing subs. Then all of a sudden they disappear in the blink of an eye?? Are they so self absorbed that they get a better offer somewhere else?? Or is it just there are so many people that are owed deposits or aborted session fees that they have to create another persona elsewhere, even in another Country???
devonsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 21:13   #5
subparman

subparman will become famous soon enough

It sounds like you have someone in mind here Devonsub??
subparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:38   #6
devonsub

Quote:
Originally Posted by subparman View Post
It sounds like you have someone in mind here Devonsub??
Maybe I do...
Old 02-09-2017, 07:05   #7
Mistress Esme

Mistress Esme will become famous soon enoughMistress Esme will become famous soon enough

Yet you still follow them on twitter. Do you just follow them so that you have something to complain about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescrushed View Post
There are a few dommes that I follow on Twitter that are very self involved. It's ALL about them. They are attractive and entertaining but deary me they are so self absorbed it's bordering on a mental illness.

Their sex life, their latest STD. What they eat, bowel movements. Etc. If it is about them, they will let you know.

This is not just a one off.. There are quite a few PDs who fit this mould.

They are so far up their own arse that there's no room for slaves to fit in. I like PDs to be a little bit haughty and confident but when the conversation is all about them it's a little bit dull.

I sometimes wonder if they've chosen to be a PD just so they can tell other people.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:28   #8
Mistress Esme

Mistress Esme will become famous soon enoughMistress Esme will become famous soon enough

It might not be for you or your particular mistress but fact is, times are changing and it's a great platform to connect. Sites like this are dead along with directories. Twitter is a forum and directory bundled into one. It's also a mini blog and a great way for people to keep up to date with you. I've met some great people through twitter with whom I would not have met if I wasn't on it. That includes other mistressesas I don't spend my time trawling through other ladies sites. There are also those who can't view mistresses websites because of where they are in the world, but they have access to twitter. Being able to communication on a mass scale is important in this day and age.

Hate it or love it's a great marketing tool and place to converse. Maybe if sites like this weren't so dead, people wouldn't have the need to flock to twitter.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:08   #9
subparman

subparman will become famous soon enough

Its a great shame about this site Mistress Esme but you are right about the usefulness and benefits of Twitter as a modern and relevant medium.

I have just enjoyed two sessions with a new Mistress who I followed on Twitter for a while before contacting her. Alright, I initially came across her through the usual channels of a Mistress Directory, then her website but at that point she was similar to all other other Mistresses out there and somewhat anonymous. Twitter gave me an insight to the person, her style, personality and attitude towards her subs. I felt there would be a strong connection when we met and oh boy, there certainly was. No surprises )well one or two if you know what I mean), exactly what I expected and a wonderful time was had by all.

Last edited by subparman; 02-09-2017 at 08:15.
subparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:37   #10
devonsub

There's a fine line with things be relevant and the whole thing becoming irrelevant. As acecrushed put it who wants to know what a Mistress is up to every second of the day, where is the allure? If you know everything about a Mistress then why would you bother to go and session with them! Mistresses with intelligence have always been a bit secretive it adds to the excitement. Yes of course you can promote yourself but leave something to the imagination, over promotion is a turn off. A big big turn off.

Last edited by devonsub; 02-09-2017 at 09:49.