UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > BDSM Discussions > Discussions of Interest

Old 09-05-2018, 21:41   #1
Mistress Adore

Mistress Adore will become famous soon enoughMistress Adore will become famous soon enough
Default Website wording

I had a lovely conversation yesterday with a gent over supper and we got around to talking about websites and how they are worded.

He mentioned some words that he loves to read on a site and those he does not and I explained that although My website was not a highly polished affair I hoped it came over as though I was talking to the person reading it.

So websites, what do you like about them, dislike about them, no names please ;-)

Last edited by Mistress Adore; 10-05-2018 at 07:03.
Mistress Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:48   #2
subtle

subtle has a spectacular aura aboutsubtle has a spectacular aura about

I'm not a big fan of those very long lists of activities you often see. It makes me think (probably wrongly) that a Domme doesn't have any particular favourites, and is likely to adopt more of a service provider role. It also makes me think of menus, or of a series of discrete experiences, whereas what I really like are encounters that are (or at least feel) much more fluid and natural.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:28   #3
Lisal

Lisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to beholdLisal is a splendid one to behold

I like websites that are pretty clearly the domme's own work and personal to them.

To name two ex UKMers Miss Susannah and Ms Tytania. In both of these the lady's personality and ethos shine through.

I agree with subtle about long list of activities. I am in a special niche at the mo and am not overkeen on someone who offers this on top of a load of other things. Personally, I hate the - me domme - you worm type of website, too
Lisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:06   #4
jo nep

jo nep will become famous soon enoughjo nep will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Adore View Post
So websites, what do you like about them, dislike about them, no names please ;-)
Bear in mind that these are vehicles for professionals and as such a certain degree of professionalism is expected. I am not expecting Mistresses (and Masters) to have degrees in English, although I am certain, many do, punctuation and spelling may seem trivial to some but when there are several errors they set me off on a tangent and instead of looking at content I find I am looking for other spelling issues rather than looking at the Mistress: It does not take much to run a spell checker through the text.

One final point, it is not always obvious when the site was last updated, if ever and I do find it satisfying to see a 'last updated' date, particularly if it is recent (within the last couple of weeks)
jo nep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 16:03   #5
reefknot

I like the sites to be reasonably concise.

For example, I like to know the location(s) not down to specific street level but a good geographical location (like Baker St and not just London) The days and times a Mistress works. The types of play, this can be written and or depicted in photos. The preferred method of initial contact.

I am not to worried about a bio
Old 15-05-2018, 18:45   #6
mikeyports

mikeyports will become famous soon enough

In regards to lists I do like to see them but can understand why some people don't like them for me I don't like asking mistress for something she does not do so a list helps me to ask.

As web sites go if like them to be down to earth but the mistress I have allways had a good time with have spent the time in email or on the phone to put me at ease and must remember that next time.

Just going back i do like a list of won't dos I respect that

[live life and have a beautiful ending

https://twitter.com/Elainasslut
mikeyports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 17:17   #7
Delighted

Delighted is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle View Post
I'm not a big fan of those very long lists of activities you often see. It makes me think (probably wrongly) that a Domme doesn't have any particular favourites, and is likely to adopt more of a service provider role. It also makes me think of menus, or of a series of discrete experiences, whereas what I really like are encounters that are (or at least feel) much more fluid and natural.
Its not often i agree with every word that someone says, but 'subtle's post hits all the nails on the head for me. Particularly with regards to the 'list's it feels like i am a kid in a sweet shop, a pick and mix of whatever i want, as subtle alluded too i much prefer the Mistress to do what She desires rather then what i desire Her to do, subject of course to my hard no go limits which would have been discussed prior to any session via email.

It is useful to know the location as someone else said, and whilst i freely admit to loving the Mistress's who use the title 'Goddess' and 'Superior Mistress', those who have a rather 'aloof approach', i don't really like those sites that refer to slaves/subs as inferior wretched pathetic fools etc, i of course maybe all of those things, but i don't like to read a Mistress telling me what i am before She has even had this wretched loser licking Her spit from the soles of Her Superior shoes
delighted to be free as a bird
Delighted is offline   Reply With Quote