UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > The Rest > The Oubliette

Old 02-06-2018, 06:52   #1
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough
Default Knife crime

Anybody see the footage of that knife incident in Croydon yesterday.
A youth wielding a zombie knife trying to break into a car and get to the driver.
It was caught on someone’s dash cam.
Lovely things those video cameras, film all kinds of things. But that’s another story I might tell you later.

So what’s happening with this increase in stabbings and the horrendous increase in violent crime in general.
It’s all very well the do gooders keep going on about there’s not enough social interacment with young people today. Where are the youth clubs, cubs, scouts etc.
That ain’t happening because the youth of today is different. Society is different from when I was a kid.
Knife crime is rife everywhere and especially in London.
There’s no deterrent anymore because if your found with a knife you get a slap on the wrist. As is the case with most prosecutions in this country.
Build more fuckin prisons for gods sake. Keep people locked up forever. Simple as.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:31   #2
reefknot

In part its due to the "Law and Order" party slashing funding of Policing and the Justice system.

Also we need a culture change why do people see the need to tool up, its not as if in the UK we are going to be attacked by saber toothed tigers or wolves, part of the culture change is you get caught with a knife its bye bye to your liberty for a very long time
Old 03-06-2018, 09:34   #3
jo nep

jo nep will become famous soon enoughjo nep will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiesouth View Post
There’s no deterrent anymore because if your found with a knife you get a slap on the wrist. As is the case with most prosecutions in this country.
Build more fuckin prisons for gods sake. Keep people locked up forever. Simple ahttps://www.flickr.com/signins.
My suggestion has been put forward many time before and I claim no original thought for the contribution but floating prisons would appear to make a suitable, and much cheaper alternative. Use of obsolete cruise liners/ cargo ships/Tankers/ dredgers for the bottom eating scum etc would provide suitable habitat for the 'people' who need locking up.

They could even be well offshore; in the Caribbean for example where any jail breaks would be discouraged by sharks (Real ones, not the sharks who steal our hard earned money). Anyone who can out swim them could be considered for our next Olympic swimming team and those that don't, well think of the positive contribution to the endangered shark population.

Perhaps Australia may take a few ships or China, they appear to want all our trade or even India. I understand the Indian ocean is very hospitable in monsoon season.

Far fetched and silly? Yes probably but a very satisfying and inexpensive solution and NIMBY.

Last edited by jo nep; 03-06-2018 at 09:37.
jo nep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:56   #4
geordiesouth

geordiesouth will become famous soon enoughgeordiesouth will become famous soon enough

Not far fetched or silly Jo. I’d go so far as to say convert the channel ferries so the scum could row them.
Might take a bit longer to cross but ah what the hell. I’d use them.

Two more people shot in Peckham yesterday.
Whatever plans the police and government had for tackling this..... is not working. We don’t have the time to go round schools anymore and introduce our youngsters to the joys of after school sports etc.
They are already sharpening their knives and thinking their postcodes are war zones.
Old 03-06-2018, 19:51   #5
Mistress Adore

Mistress Adore will become famous soon enoughMistress Adore will become famous soon enough

Drugs have a lot of influence in these crimes, I know, no new news here. However in my vanilla work I do various trainings and programs that would possibly shock those who think kids have things easy these days.

It is far more complex as there are often bigger issues driving the feeling behind needing to arm oneself.

One story I will share some limited details of is a young guy just in high school age, been neglected for years and growing up in a drug environment was recruited to sell drugs and had done for a couple of years when he lost a £5 deal. The punishment, three of his fingers cut off.

The problems we are seeing are hiding so much more underneath the surface.

Organised gangs using easy targets, government funding cuts in every department, drug usage growing like wildfire, prisons overcrowded so often there is no punishment for those constantly offending making peoples lives a misery.

We have a hell of a long way to go before we would be able to deal with what is going on and without saying to much, even the police operations are working flat out with no enough staff and funding.

Its only going to get worse.
Mistress Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:04   #6
geordiesouth

It is going to get worse and this is not something that has suddenly appeared.
Government, the police etc have been aware of the escalation for a long time.
Yet still the government make cuts to the police forces nationwide and have no legislation to tackle things.
Yes indeed. Things are definitely only worsening.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:06   #7
geordiesouth

God that was such bad grammar at the end
Old 04-06-2018, 14:52   #8
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

It`s really terrible how things have developed, watching a programme a few weeks ago, the drug dealing element seems to be the major factor, lots of cash, for not a lot of input and of course misguided kudos.

A guy on TV this morning was talking about it, saying victims are very often involved in the `scene`, I do get a bit tired of hearing about `disadvantaged kids` to me it`s easy availability of products, greed and not much chance of getting caught that attract vunerable individuals to the life.

Not a lot of sympathy from me Im afraid, it`s a totally selfish, uncaring way of life that destroys other lives in many ways, and knowing the actual realities can only be helpful in reducing the problem, and for me at least `profiled stop and search` must have a part to play.

I`m hiding now....
Old 04-06-2018, 15:40   #9
Mistress Adore

Mistress Adore will become famous soon enoughMistress Adore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool View Post
It`s really terrible how things have developed, watching a programme a few weeks ago, the drug dealing element seems to be the major factor, lots of cash, for not a lot of input and of course misguided kudos.

A guy on TV this morning was talking about it, saying victims are very often involved in the `scene`, I do get a bit tired of hearing about `disadvantaged kids` to me it`s easy availability of products, greed and not much chance of getting caught that attract vunerable individuals to the life.

Not a lot of sympathy from me Im afraid, it`s a totally selfish, uncaring way of life that destroys other lives in many ways, and knowing the actual realities can only be helpful in reducing the problem, and for me at least `profiled stop and search` must have a part to play.

I`m hiding now....
I think drug use, abuse and dealing is in all walks of life. Kids as young as 10 doing so, is in far higher numbers in areas where they quite frankly are easier targets.
Mistress Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 16:51   #10
Barstool

Barstool is on a distinguished road

You are right, of course MA, it is everywhere, and like a few other things I can think of, the more you have the more you want/need, some of the strains of weed around now are sooo strong they literally destroy brain cells, and that`s all the youngsters want, Coke is mixed with all sorts and legal highs turn people into zombies.

Maybe it`s just natures way of controling the population, now kids aren`t needed for cannon fodder any more....and here`s me worried that drinking a few pints at the weekend is slowly killing me, maybe life IS too short to worry of such things when put in to perspective