UK - Mistresses  

Go Back   UK - Mistresses > Board Administration > Admin and Security News

Old 25-01-2018, 12:39   #11
GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman will become famous soon enoughGordonFreeman will become famous soon enough

Reassuring to note. I wondered whether I had posted something controversial as mine had vanished
Old 25-01-2018, 13:59   #12
posh-sub

posh-sub will become famous soon enough

Just mulling on this thread ....

I wonder if, instead of lamenting our inability to compete with snap-numpty, face-ache, twatter etc., we could sit back and become something like 'grumpy old subs' or somesuch. Retaining the debate, banter and inspired ideas in which we excel and leave the listings and reviews to those who are better equipped.

Peace & Love
poshie
posh-sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 14:27   #13
masochist

masochist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by posh-sub View Post
Just mulling on this thread ....

I wonder if, instead of lamenting our inability to compete with snap-numpty, face-ache, twatter etc., we could sit back and become something like 'grumpy old subs' or somesuch. Retaining the debate, banter and inspired ideas in which we excel and leave the listings and reviews to those who are better equipped.

Peace & Love
poshie
Perfectly valid option
Cant see why the people who own this place would want to pay for that indefinatley though... at least listngs, banners etc can bring some revenue
The other option would be put it behind a paywall i guess and then people can pay for access?
Log term though is it really sustainable to expect somebody else to fund it?

I came to this place in my very early 20's and it was a great resource and holofernes and Just Lauren particularly were super helpful to me as a resource in guiding some of my steps into this

Now almost 20 years later i dont want to see that resource go and without new people it will not only turn into a very stale grumpy old men sub club it will ultimately die... this place has the potential to be a much deeper mine of information than twitter and insta etc but without driving new people here then at some point it just becomes impractical

I think Sam has been great to keep this place going as long as it has - I hope it continues - but as she said last year it has to change

Last edited by masochist; 25-01-2018 at 14:55.
masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 20:54   #14
reefknot

reefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud ofreefknot has much to be proud of

Please note my email in the sig below

There is a message board in moth balls, but we are reluctant to open it while this old site is still going

Just in case
email: reefknot_uk@msn.com reefknot_uk@msn. com (note that there is an underscore between reefknot and uk)

My Twiter
reefknot is offline   Reply With Quote